Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DestinyMarie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2009, 03:25 PM
    MP4 Player
    Hi. My name is destiny. I just got a new mp4 player. But I get so fustrateted because when I plug in the USB cable, nothing pops up.:confused: because of that I can not download music onto it.:mad: it has irritated me so bad. Pleeeeaaaase. I need your help (: thank you
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Read the manual that came with it, it usually answers all those questions.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2009, 04:35 PM

Hi, DestinyMarie!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

I do note, that you did receive one response while your question was in Introductions.

Thanks!
    DanielF Posts: 158, Reputation: 14

Jun 13, 2009, 09:21 PM
    Destiny,

There's a possibility that either the player or its USB cable is defective, in which case you should return it to the seller for a replacement or refund. But before we conclude that, let's try a few other things...

If you have another USB cable with the same connectors (e.g. from a camera), try that in place of the player's original cable. If you still don't get the player being recognised, try 'installing' it through the Control Panel...

Start/Settings/Control Panel, and double-click the Add/Remove Hardware icon. Click 'Next' to go past the opening window, and make sure 'Install/troubleshoot a device' is selected, then click Next again. The wizard should then search for new devices, and should find your player (if it and its cable are working OK).

What happens next depends on whether the player was supplied with an installation CD or not. Was it?

Daniel
    bearcatk Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 06:44 AM

Go to my computer it will be under devices with
    Removable storage plug your mp4 in and any fing new pops up it's that
    Mr answers Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2012, 07:25 AM
    Destiny

There is a possibility that your USB cable is damaged or your device must be installed to your computer ,I guess you know how to install it... if it doesn't work out with you , then you should try changing the USB cable if, it doesn't work
    YOU ARE DOOMED

And you should get a replacement or a refund

GEORGE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVR player with DVD/VCR player [ 4 Answers ]

I have a directtv DVR box and can not recorder on my DVD/VCR player. I can play an VCR tape. I need help to connect the cables correctly to be able to record from my TV to my DVD/VCR player. Please help.:confused:

MP 3 player [ 1 Answers ]

I got a MP 4 player. Yesterday I used mp 3 Player disk tool, I didn't really need it I was just wandering how it works. So I encrypted it and when I checked memory info in mp4 player it said I only have 469 MB instead of original 4 Gb. Does anyone know how to reset it or change it back how it...

My MP3 Player [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought an MP3 Player not too long ago and I can't get the songs on to it. It is a Sansa C200. It came with a program that you use to put the songs onto the MP3 player but I can't find the songs. I use Limewire to download music. I look through the files to see where my songs are (I have ...

I'm a new player [ 2 Answers ]

How do you protect yourself in sports? My right wrist achs a little after last weekend's execise. Maybe new players are always easy to get hurt:) So how do you protect yourself in sports? Is it useful to wear some kind of wristband? I find the cotton one costs only $0.92 and looks very nice....

View more questions Search