Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rohit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2003, 04:56 AM
    Problem with Ms office startup and others
    I am running Windows98,

I am having a problem,whenever I click any Ms office program like ms word,ms excel etc...
    the Warning stop sign message appears like this

(x)This application must be installed to run. Please run Setup from From the location where you originally installed the application.

I saw my sister was about to change one unknown file (a windows icon) into some other... and tried to stop her to prevent that but she did and then I thought nothing has happened then the next day when I start the computer and when windows starts the Stop sign
    message appears...

(x)This application must be installed to run. Please run Setup from From the location where you originally installed the application.

And wherever I click any ms office program the same message appears and I don't know what to do... and I'll never be working on my important files of ms office programs at all and I don't have an MsOffice CD so that I could reinstall and another problem is in Add/Remove there are no programs appeared at all to uninstall any programs its all dissappeared! May be its because of that ms office startup problem... and I don't have Windows98 CD... please help
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 2, 2003, 05:43 AM
    Problem with Ms office startup and others
    Why don't you have the Office (or Windows) CD? The Windows install files may be on your hard drive (look in C:\Windows\Options\Cabs). But you will need your Office CD to repair it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP Office Jet K60 All in One Power Problem [ 5 Answers ]

I simply moved my All in One Printer to another location in the house. I plugged it in and now there is no display and no power. There is power at the plug and I checked that there was power through the little transformer. Is there a hidden fuse in this printer? I cannot figure out how to even take...

Startup problem [ 5 Answers ]

XP home sometimes hangs or freezes on startup before reaching "the blue windows is loading screen "

Microsoft Office Problem? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I have Windows XP. I do a system restore every couple of months on my Sony Vaio to speed the computer up. I have two drives (C) and (D). The system restore deletes everything on my C drive but D is uneffected. So I decided to install Microsoft office on D so that I wouldn't have...

Problem freezing at startup... [ 10 Answers ]

Hey, I'll begin by saying that I don't know much about computers... Anyway, my problem is that my computer, Window 2000, keeps freezing at startup. After the black screen that says "Press F8....", it goes onto a screen that has the Windows logo and the blue bar going across the bottom of the...

Problem Installing Office 2000 [ 1 Answers ]

I've recently re-installed Win 98 (ancient - I know!) and I have no Office software installed. I then went to install office 2000 and the autorun brings up the Windows Installer screen with the message "Preparing to install". It then disappears and nothing else happens. Can anybody help me with...

View more questions Search