Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ARandomKid Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Wireless internet works fine, but.
    For some reason, any computers that are connected via a cord cannot access the internet.

Anybody have any ideas as to what's going on? I've checked all the cords and they're fine... internet worked perfectly last night, too.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 4, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Could you give us some more information about your setup.
    Could it be a case of your connection not working and the wireless ones are going through another access point.
    Have tyou tried rebooting your connection and trying again ?
    ARandomKid Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 07:18 PM
    If rebooting the connection means restarting the computer, I have done that.

I'm using Windows XP for one, Linux (Ubuntu) for another, and Windows 98 for a third computer. They're connected via a LinkSys router.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 5, 2007, 12:59 AM
    Nope I meant the router.
    You need to ensure that the router is connected correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CPU fan works fine, until my monitor is plugged in.. then everything dies. [ 3 Answers ]

My HP Pavilion XT 936 gave me an error messge, that said my CPU fan was not working, and that it was going to shut off in 5 seconds to stop it from overheating... and it did shut right off. I took it to my techno buddy, who sat it on his desk... and of course, it worked fine... I took it home, and...

Reset works fine, but... [ 5 Answers ]

This Kenmore dishwasher, model 1376, works great and very quiet also. ... and then it stopped working. I suspect I might have placed something in there that blocked the spray arms. What worries me is that there wasn't/isn't any blinking light to indicate "fault" has been detected. Hope I didn't...

Ethernet connection slow, wireless is fine [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am using the Actiontec MI-424WR or MI424WR router that I am provided by verizon. My service provides 15 Mbps down 2 Mbps up. When I first got the service earlier this month tests done at speakeasy showed 15/1.7 which was normal. The past week or so, my connection has deteriorated to being...

Wireless internet sharing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to set up a wireless LAN that connects two computers. I have a D-Link AirPLus G wireless router that connects to my ADSL modem. A D-Link wireless card on the laptop and a TP-Link wireless card on the desktop. I logged on to internet using my laptop first, and it worked, but then when I...

FAN doesn't work when it's 'Auto', but works fine at 'On' in my central air/furnace [ 1 Answers ]

undefinedFAN 'On' or 'Auto'FAN 'On' or 'Auto' Hi, I have programmable thermostat connecting air condition / furnace system. Now if I turn system to 'Cool' and Fan at 'Auto', no cool air come out (compressor works, you can hear the noise). If I set FAN to 'On', life is getting better. But the FAN...

View more questions Search