Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MacC25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Fraud under 5000$ 1st time?
    Embarrassed to say, my boyfriend (20) and I (19) were caught in the Bay switching 10$ earrings with 20$ ones.. we paid the 10$.. and then we were caught by two sercurity guards.
    We are banned from the Bay for a year..
    Then they called the cops and we were charged with fraud under 5000$...
    This is our first offence... (we live in ottawa, ontario)
    What are the chances we are going to get charged and end up with a criminal record?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 26, 2007, 05:25 PM
    Charged - Very high
    Criminal Record - depends on the attorney you get.
    Miky357 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 06:23 PM
    Scary

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000. 2nd time. But 1st time since 18th [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, So basically the story goes like this: In April of 2006, I was arrested for theft under $5000 for car prowling in a neighborhood and some alleyways. I was 17 at the time. We got caught with $1500 worth of golf clubs in the back of my dads car. Needless to say, my dad was pissed....

Fraud under 5000$ [ 6 Answers ]

I'm not even sure if this is what I think it is. Basically I'll just describe the situation. I walked into my bank yesterday with a wish to deposit my paycheck. I walk to the ABM machine and see a question on it *DO YOU NEED MORE TIME ?* I clicked yes, it prompted me to a menu of a...

Fraud not exceeding $5000 [ 2 Answers ]

I use to work at a local grocery store. In about mid Nov, one of my coworkers came through my cash(I was a cashier), and attempted to walk out of the store with merchandise she did not pay for, with out my knowledge. She was apprehended by in store security ,and we were both taken to the managers...

Theft/Fraud under $5000 [ 3 Answers ]

I've recently been scammed by a "friend". She was helping me sell some Play station 3 game consoles, and few days later she told me they were stolen. After that I waited a while than checked about the status of the police report etc. and found out she never filed one, and for two weeks I called...

1st time buyer [ 2 Answers ]

I & my boyfriend are about to buy our 1st house together & as I'm out of work at the moment he is securing the mortgage, can anyone tell me what paper work I have to have my name on to make sure the house is in both our names ? I just want to keep myself right. Thanks:)

View more questions Search