Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chanchal chaba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 07:05 AM
    School uniforms
    Uniforms should be abolished. I have to writa debate in the favour of the motion. Please tell me more about "why uniforms should be abolished?":) :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 12, 2006, 07:08 AM
    Frankly I like the idea of school uniforms.

However, we are not going to do your work for you. Do a web aearch on the subject (there are some previous threads here on it) and form you own ideas. If you would like us to critique them, then post them and we will be glad to help.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2006, 07:16 AM
    May I point you to LunaGoddess' post here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/educat...rms-37674.html

She seems to have found some good links (I haven't looked at them myself)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2006, 07:24 AM
    This must be a question that comes up once a semester at your school:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...earchid=921318
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 12, 2006, 03:43 PM
    Check out this thread: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/educat...ate-15248.html

So, why do I not like school uniforms?

Few reasons:

1) The cost to the parents and child goes up. Not only does The Parent have to buy the school uniform, but he also has to buy other regular clothes for the child when the child goes out to socialzie with theire friends.

2) Children do not ge to learn about freedom of expression or simply how to express themselves. Children need to learn to express themselves and be accepted for the choices they make. School Uniforms simply hinder that process, not help it.

3) All the students will be the same. In the real world, that's not the case. In the real world, people ARE different and it should be reflected like that in the school system. We need to teach the children to get along with others EVER WHEN THEY ARE DIFFERENT. If everyone looks the same with uniforms, you can't really teach the children that lesson now can you?

4) Censorship. School uniforms are a form of censorship. While censorship is sometimes neccesairly in cases or hate crims against religions and races, we can't let it get out of control. School Uniforms are censoring a child's creative side. And alsmost always, Paretns never sees eye to eye with the child, and it's the paretns who are trying to implement school uniform. Look at the 1960s and the hippie revolution. Paretns and Children didn't see eye to eye, so should there have been a school uniform policy then? Perhaps it would have crushed the hippie movement. Would that have been a good thing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

School uniforms [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to ask about school uniforms,I am taking part in a debate competition and the motion is school uniforms should be abolished.I really need help here.I need to noe the pros and the cons of school uniforms as well As opinions.PLEASE and thanks a million!

School Uniforms [ 15 Answers ]

Are there any documented statistics that prove that uniforms improve school safety, student performance, or test scores? Are there any documented statistics that support OPPOSITION to mandatory school uniforms?

School Uniforms... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone if anyone has anything to say about school uniforms feel free to speak up. But the real question is what are some Pro's and Con's about public schools enforcing school uniforms?

School uniforms [ 1 Answers ]

Okay here is my first question: What are the reasons we should change school uniforms to civilian ones?:D *civillian=Any type of wear :D :) THANKS! Please help me its about my debate

Efficiency of School Uniforms [ 1 Answers ]

My question is what is the efficiency of school uniforms? It is for a debate and I need the negative side of school uniforms. What I have is that they do not help the learning process.

View more questions Search