Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondie xxxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Info from anyone
    Hiya all, any one with some advice would be great, I'm currently in a relationship of 11months, he live away from me so I don't see him 2 often, I split up with my ex just a month before I got with him it was kind of a rebound thing that didn't stop, and now I can't get my ex out my head I love him veri much, I'm stuck and don't know what to do. We only split up because I fell out with his dad and it just seemed easier at the time to leave, I've made such a mistake help!!
    MichiganGirl10 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blondie xxxx
    hiya all, any one with some advice would be great, im currently in a relationship of 11months, he live away from me so i dont see him 2 often, i split up with my ex just a month b4 i got with him it was kinda a rebound thing that didnt stop, and now i can't get my ex out my head i love him veri much, im stuck and dunno what to do. we only split up because i fell out with his dad and it just seemed easier at the time to leave, ive made such a mistake help!!!
    Do you still like the guy that you are currently dating? Try seeing if maybe you and him could just be friends. From what it sounds like, you have already made up your mind. You want to be with your ex. Now all you have to do is make it happen. Love can conquer anything, even parents.

CL
    diya Posts: 303, Reputation: 62

May 5, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Whatever happens happens for the good... you'll forget him... you know how life moves on when someone dies?? We know he is not there anymore... same way your ex is no more for you... life moves on.. don't stand still... every moment has something new to offer... you think you're madly in love but it's some guilt which is driving you crazy... stop blaming yourself for anything and everything in life... every action calls for a reaction.. u might have reacted to something... it's OK... listen to some good music and love life more than people who've gone out of your life.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

May 5, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Well I know you sent me a private message but I am going to leave my answer here publicly. By discussions from different point of views and opinions definitely help.

Okay first I would like to say that An ex is an ex for a reason. The reason you gave here is not really good enough reason to leave someone. You can not blame somebody else for a break up, although I know family can cause lots of pressures and yes it could be a very strong contribution to a break of somebody, but when it does happen that means there was problems in the relationship to start of with.

As you know now, easier is not always better. That shows that you still have lots to learn and it is better not to go back through that. How does your ex feel? Have you ever kept in touch with him? There are lots of questions here about that?

After reading your whole post over again. My conclusion is that your current boyfriend you do not see that often and you do not want to stay with him just because your not sure about your ex or that he is considered to be a rebound. I think you need to get out of a this current relationship. I do believe that you should stay away from the ex.

You need to let go of both boyfriend and ex boyfriend. The past needs to be left in the past.

I could be wrong my advice could be way off but I think you jumped into a relationship way too fast and I think you need to be single for awhile to get your head straight.

Volunteer, take classes, do extra hours at work, do other things that improve on yourself. Keep yourself busy and live for today. Try to let go of the past, try not worrying about the future but make each day about helping others, about paying attention to yourself. Improving yourself and one day you might be ready for a relationship.

Just remember there will be lots of ups and downs and falling outs but running away will not help.

Joe
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

May 5, 2007, 02:43 PM
    If you love your ex that much then you should call him and set up a time when you can talk face to face. Explain to him every thing, be open,honest and be willing to also listen to him. I am sure you can work things out.

Good luck
    mckenzie134 Posts: 647, Reputation: 67

May 6, 2007, 08:26 PM
    AQn ex is anm ex for areason but sometimes people do get back together but does not always work out. Maybe a break has done you both good. But running back may not be the way. Improve yourself be single and wait for the right person to come along.
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 6, 2007, 08:47 PM
    You didn't say if you've been in contact with your ex over the past 11 months. Assuming you haven't, time has passed for the both of you. Sometimes we end relationships for the wrong reason and sometimes we stay in them for the wrong reasons - sounds like both for you. I echo Jesushelper76. Take a break for yourself. Do some soul searching, stay busy with projects or hobbies. Learn from your mistakes and improve the inner you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some info [ 3 Answers ]

Hello; What website , can I go 2 , for senior citizens . Thank you Joseph21

Need info [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I live in Texas . I am on F1 visa status working for university for 20 hrs. My husband is on H1 b. We need to file taxes . My first question is do we need to file taxes jointly or separately.since I am on F1 visa status I get 100% tax withheld tax back. But how to do if I'm filing jointly with...

Anyone have any info on this for me? [ 1 Answers ]

We have been unable to locate records on the puppy we adopted so we took him to the vet. The initial visit went well she said he is a prime example of a dauchaund. Not fat and full of energy. They took a stool sample though to verify things. Well today the vet called to say our dog has Giardia ?...

View more questions Search