Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yangsoo Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 07:12 AM
    Where can I buy a good clarinet at affordable price
    Happy Holidays!

My 5th grader daughter newly started clarinet in her school.
    As she shows great interest in it, I'm thinking of buying her one, instead of renting.
    Problem is, it's too expensive for us to afford it.
    Is there anywhere or any way I can buy a good clarinet at as low price as possible for a future musician? Also, is private lesson really necessary for the betterness of tongueing?
    We live in Virginia, by the way.

Thank you for your advice!
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2006, 07:15 AM
    YOu can try a local pawn shop?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 15, 2006, 11:54 AM
    Many music stores have great rent to own on music instruments, and these same stores often have the used returns from people that did not keep them.

Also you find tons in the pawn shops, but have someone that knows them with you to be sure corks and valves are all OK.

Next there are many music stores that sell online, youcan do some online searches and find many options I am sure.
    lemmonkat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 04:23 PM
    Ebay.com is the best start. There, you can compare prices on instruments and oftentimes buy straight-from-the-factory instruments for a considerably cheaper price.

And yes, if you can afford lessons, I would recommend them. If your daughter enjoys clarinet and you find that she has great talent, if will be much harder to go back when she's older and correct technical mistakes that she has taught herself on accident. Invest in a professional teacher.

Hope that helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dryer in rental not good, should I buy one? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I just moved in to a rental house in California, where our electricity and gas are very expensive (just like everyone else!). I did a load of laundry on a hot, dryish day, and the dryer was awful. It took about 70 minutes to dry the average size load. I am thinking that it would be...

Price pfister [ 2 Answers ]

Recently installed 1 knob shower faucet made by price pister . Problem here is the tub spout has plenty of flow but when you pull the knob for the shower the pressure isn't that strong . Any ideas on how to get more pressure from shower. Thanks for any info, Ryan p.s. I used 1/2 copper

Affordable online class for foreign students [ 5 Answers ]

Any ideas about institutions offfering undergrad level course online at affordable prices for international (F1 visa status) students in US? I notice they have us pay three times as much as state residents in community colleges for online classes, is it same everywhere or am I just not...

Bd and ask price [ 1 Answers ]

Why we would see sometimes that the bid is lower than the asked price and vice versa?

View more questions Search