Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikaelaq23 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 09:19 PM
    Find force of gravity, normal force, and net force in Physics
    A crate of mass m (=10 kg) is placed at rest on a (frictionless) inclined plane, which has an angle (= 30 deg ) above horizontal

1. The force of gravity on the crate is?
    2. The normal force on the crate is?
    3. The net force on the crate is?
    4. How long would it take the crate to slide 8 m down the incline?
    5. If the crate were kept from sliding by a rope pulling parallel to the incline, what would the size of the tension be
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 01:01 AM
    Hi again, mikaelaq23!

I've already answered you on another thread. Please don't continue to post homework questions on this site without showing what you think might be the answers first. If you do show what you think that answers might be and how you arrived at them, you'll be much more likely to have someone come along who can guide you in arriving at the correct answers and confirm for you if the answers that you have come up with are correct.

Thanks!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 08:40 AM

I'm wondering too what you are really doing at school, mikaelaq23... :rolleyes:

Do post what you did, right or wrong. We'll see where you got it wrong.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2009, 02:13 PM
    Hi again, mikaelaq23!

I would just like to add, that we aren't trying to scare you away or say that you can't post homework questions here. Getting help with homework is a part of what this site is about.

Unknown008 is excellent with helping with math and science type questions. Please take advantage of the free help here.

Thanks!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi again, mikaelaq23!

I would just like to add, that we aren't trying to scare you away or say that you can't post homework questions here. Getting help with homework is a part of what this site is about.

Unknown008 is excellent with helping with math and science type questions. Please take advantage of the free help here.

Thanks!
    Now, you make me blush :o!
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 11:31 PM
    Well, it's the truth, Unknown008! :)

Thanks!
    sukarsimba Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 11:29 AM

Well I think all you guys are great.. I am studying auto electronics and we get quite a few science type questions... only problem is my tutor is a total :@%? And knows absolutely nothing...

And yes unknown has bailed me out before...

I just seek the help to help myself if you know what I mean...

Any way... cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gravity force vs inertial force [ 3 Answers ]

Does Einstein's theory of relativity say that there is anyway to experimentally measure a difference between a force experienced by gravity and a force experienced by acceleration ?

Force, Work how to determine force without accelration [ 3 Answers ]

I know we're not supposed to post up the full question but I figured it would just be easier to explain it. A 350 kg piano slides 3.8 m down a 31 degrees incline and is kept from accelerating by a man who is pushing back on it parallel to the incline. The effective coefficient of kinetic friction...

At what value of Force, can we feel the effect of gravitational force between objects [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION AND THEN ANSWER At what value of Force, could we feel or see the effect of gravitational pull or force between two objects. E.g. 2 pencils kept at a very small distance (r) exert a force (F) on each other such that they are pulled by each other and stick to each...

Force of Gravity [ 1 Answers ]

Without air resistance, all objects in free-fall on earth accelerate downwards at 9.81m/s2. Yet, all objects have different Fs values... how does it make sense for different ojects to have different foces of gravity and yet to all have the same acceleration of 9.81m/s2?

Force of Gravity [ 7 Answers ]

A hollow tube is cored out through the center of the Earth to the opposite side. You jump into the tube and begin falling to the earth. When you are half way to the center how would the force of gravity at that point compare to what it was when you were on the surface.. would it be higher, lower,...

View more questions Search