Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrobers Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Birth Certificate
    My son has had his new born baby ever since she was 1 week old and now she is 6 months and he wants his name on her birth certificate how does he go about doing this with out child support?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 13, 2007, 02:32 PM
    If he is the legal father then he has every right to put that info on his child's birth certificate. I would don't know where he lives but he would do that at the city hall where he lives.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Why was it not on the birth certificate to start with, at this point he will most likely need to get a family court judge order it to be added.

But he also , if he does not have it, he needs a child custody order from the court giving him legal custody, esp since he is not listed on the birth certificate

Mar 13, 2007, 02:43 PM
    He lives in Dallas, Texas and I went to the record building here and they told us we would have to go thew Attorney General but child support is not the issuer she is being very well taken care of by my son and we don't ask the mother for anything.

Mar 13, 2007, 02:48 PM
    He was scard and didn't know what to do at the time and what it really meant to have his name on her birth certificate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Putting his name on birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently pregnant in Florida. My ex and I split shortly after we found out I was pregnant. I am unsure of whether to put his name in the birth certificate. My question is this... If I put him on the birth certificate does that automatically give him rights over my child? Can I give...

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

As an adult is there any way to get your parents names off your birth certificate? Can that area of the birth certificate be blank?

Getting father's name on the birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a daughter that was born in Japan on a military base (we are both US citizens). Her father lives in the states. He was not present at birth and the legal office here said he could not be on her official birth certificate since he wasn't here and we're not married. We have been trying to...

Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I just received an updated copy of my husband's birth certificate, he will be retiring soon and needs to show proof of his birth date. On the certificate it shows his mother as being the lady who adopted him when he was in his 40's. (for legal purposes, estate and other) Is this done as a...

Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I gave birth to my child but it wasn't my ex husband. We were separated for a while but we didn't get a divorce yet. In child birth certificate, there is no name on the father status because I was still married. Hospital left it blank because I was still married. Now that I'm divorce. I want the...

View more questions Search