Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2006, 11:43 AM
    Thought to ponder!
    In read posts from this very helpful site, a came across this quote from another site I visit. Seem appropriate.

experience

Without experiences which render life unbearable and which make the hope of something new appear alluring and promising, there is no impulse toward inner change. But if painful life experience is not pondered and questioned, not raised to the level of insight, that impulse remains merely a feeling, a momentary desire. Only insight into what is necessary for real change can prove that that experience has been something more than a mirage. And if insight remains merely insight into the meaning of an experience (for man is always in danger of believing that he already is or can do what he has merely glimpsed as insight) still nothing will be changed. A new attitude has to be cultivated in order to ensure progress on a new path.

HARA, K G Von Durckheim
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2006, 11:56 AM
    Agreed. Some people over analyze every moment of their life without ever adapting and evolving their attitude.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 13, 2006, 06:38 PM
    I disagree that life has to become unbearable in order for a person to desire to change. Some persons seek change under conditions that are pleasant. For example, the rich man who takes up the piano as a hobby and becomes a musician. Or the person whoes friend teaches him how to paint. Or one who grows in apreciation of other cultures via travel.

So the syllogism's premise is faulty.

BTW
    The expression "real change" is in need of clarrification via definition. Otherwise it remains open to many different degrees of interpretation.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2006, 06:20 AM
    HI,
    I agree with Starman.
    More definition is needed.
    Such as, bad experiences, repeated over and over, often require a change of attitude. Making changes in an attitude mostly comes from bad experiences; when one finally realizes that something needs to change.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2006, 10:15 PM
    I get it Mr. Yet. I think it is right on! Everything is the result of thought. Before anything material can exist it must be in the mind of the person creating it. The clinical defenition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If you want different results from the ones you are getting... change your mind and how you think. If you think you will get nothing, you won't be disapointed! We do create our own reality, like it or not. Learning how to master the art is the secret of life.:cool:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Photo I thought worth sharing. [ 29 Answers ]

Came across this in the underbrush in Charlestown, RI this weekend. Just got around to unloading the camera. Come across them from time to time, particularly there, but rarely get such a good shot due to low lighting conditions. Thankfully the mother wasn't too close by, thus my head is still...

Thought I would share this PM [ 6 Answers ]

Hey folks, I thought I would share this PM I got from hedieh. Guess we got through!! I love to hear a happy ending!! :D:D

Food For Thought [ 6 Answers ]

For almost 50 years an nonprofit agency has been located in a town building. This nonprofit was started by a church group and continues to be under the churches umbrella. Does a local government official have the right to governance over this nonprofit organization because it is in a town...

I thought we were in it for the long haul [ 8 Answers ]

It all started a few weeks ago I walked in the door to my 22 year old (I just turned 23) husband acting weird and saying we need to talk. Before I go into detail let me give you a little insight on the situation I got married to my high school sweetheart two years ago September, and we have been...

View more questions Search