Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdh Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Jan 15, 2006, 04:38 PM
    Can't get her off my mind
    Many of you have read this earlier in different strings but I can't get her off my mind. I met the most amazing woman 15 years ago but our lives were on different paths. There was a definite chemistry between us. However we never got together. Recently after a painful divorce for me and the death of her husband we began seeing each other. We didn't want to go public with it initially and we still haven't. She told me how she felt and I was to scared to tell her because I was scared of getting hurt again. I always told her I wanted more children. She said she never wanted to get married again. Her plans changed but I held on to mine as an excuse not to tell her hoe I felt. She is 45 I am 40 more children for her would be dangerous to her and the child. We never made a verbal commitment to each other but I thought it was kind of understood. She told me that someone had been interested in her and that she was planning to go out with him. This was two weeks ago.
    After losing the battle with my fears I finally told her how I felt. Which is that I love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her. Her friends had already arranged for the new guy to meet her at a party and they hit it off. She has asked me for space to sort things out. I am afraid that I have lost her forever. I hurt her more than I knew. I never went out with anyone else or anything like that but she just felt rejected by me because I didn't tell her or show her how I felt. I have told her in no uncertain terms how I feel and I told her I would give her the space she wanted but I would not give up on us. I hope that I didn't hurt her more than she love me. Iwant her back in my life. Any ideas??
    Rhondajv Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2006, 08:17 PM
    Jr. I don't want to hurt your feelings but you're not listening to anyone who is giving you feedback. She told you. People have told you---you appear to be waiting on the response you want... If you are this "deaf" in your conversations with her or in your relationships, there could be a reason she needs space. You sound like a good guy but you may need some space and time to "love yourself first"... :D
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 16, 2006, 10:27 PM
    Cdh
    Probably the last thing you want to do is be known to start several threads about the same thing!If you want some abvise then you've been given quite a bit so to start another thread about the same thing ,I fail to see the reason other than you didn't like the advise,or you think that someone out there has a magic potion to win the lady of your dreams back!Dude the kind of obsesion you're showing only makes me conclude you and the lady have a very unheathy thing going on your part!That's why my advise is for you to leave her alone and let her be happy while you get your act together,she knows you aren't ready and you need to know it to, so instead of getting more advise you need a lot more action,so put it toward your ownself to move forward with your life!:cool:
    cdh Posts: 54, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2006, 07:14 PM
    Point taken. Thanks for the help. Sorry I didn't mean to aggravate anyone. Just looking for all the possible advice I can get. I just made mistakes in that relationship and want to fix it. Everyone gave great advice and I have left her alone and will continue to do so and hope she will change her mind and give me another chance. I know I can't make her but I can always hope. In the mean time I will still be open for new relationships.

Thanks again
    whydontheluvme Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2007, 07:28 PM
    I am in the same situation. But I told him that I did not love him anymore in hopes of getting over him. But then he started seeing someone else. So I have not been honest with him about how I feel. But I think it may be too late. I think about him all the time. I cry all the time. I don't know what else to do. When you figure out what works please let me know. I wish you the best of luck.
    JQuest Posts: 9, Reputation: 0

Sep 30, 2010, 02:04 PM
    Well, I want to help you all, because I have gone through the same thing before. This is what I have to say. If the person is not with you, then you have to look at the facts and put your feelings a side. Trust me, I know how hard it is. I had to do the same thing and trust me ladies and gentlemen, it is hard.

So what are the facts. Lets see, One we told the person how we feel, regardless of you thinking its late or not. Two, the person still went and dated someone else or decided not to be with you, regardless. Three, some time has gone by and still they are doing their thing and you are still waiting.

Now the facts about you. One, you are waiting in vain, because according to experts in human psychology, if someone wants to be with you, THEY WILL BE WITH YOU! Two, you have to move one, experts say that if you stay in this state and the other person notices this, they will continue to give you rejection. It is a psychological reaction, not that they do this on purpose. This applies for males and females alike. Three, If you love her/him, you set them free. What this means is you have to let them live without your tormenting their lives because you don't have what you wanted. By you chasing after them or hording the moment sort of speak, you only create more anxiety for yourself, meanwhile they will keep doing what they are doing... This is Called "THE LOVE THAT NEVER LANDS". It is actually a behavioral pattern that is very common. You are friends with someone, you like them a lot, but they don't see you with those eyes, they ONLY SEE YOU AS A FRIEND PERIOD!

So please ladies and gents, you have to move on and do your regular stuff. This does not mean you gave up, you just need to stop dwelling on it. It is unhealthy for your mind and body, trust me. Trust in yourself to be able to find the right person. One that will naturally want to be with you, NO MATTER WHAT. That is the real person that is meant for you. In the mean time. Peace!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Going out of my mind! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I need some help finding the name of a song I just don't know. I heard it awhile ago, it had something to do with "if you had to walk in their shoes", some one was a prostitute or a drug addict. I am not sure who sings this song or what the title is but I am sure it was a make singer. It had a...

Hampton Bay Fan with a mind of its own. [ 11 Answers ]

About a year ago our Hampton Bay ceiling fan began turning on and off on its own. The lights would turn off. Sometimes they would dim and then brighten first sometimes not. The fan would turn on or switch to a high speed. :o Because it happened at the same time that our new neighbors moved...

Fan has mind of its own [ 5 Answers ]

I switched on my Carrier 58GS075-BA last weekend to cool down my house, and the fan never stopped running. The thermostat is in the off position, and the fan kept running, doesn't seem to matter if its on heat or cool. I stopped the fan with the on/off switch on the side of the furnace. Last night...

The power of the mind [ 8 Answers ]

Wasn't sure where I could post this. This was a bulliten posted on Myspace.com. I had seen it before but Im glad it came around again... I always thought it was fascinating. No, there's no question here... I just wanted to share

I have a mind of my own! [ 14 Answers ]

I am 17yrs old and I am going to get married to the most wonderful man I have ever met. He treats me well and is very mature (he is also 17, but will turn 18 in 2 months). He told my dad of my plans and he flipped! He thinks that I am doing it because my boyfriend said so. He raised me to be a very...

View more questions Search