Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindakt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2015, 12:36 PM
    Selling stocks
    Why if I sell 35 stocks at 98.73 I only receive 627.83? How come the taxes and commission is so much?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2015, 02:12 PM
    Looks like you may have mis-keyed one or more of the numbers - or maybe there were other sale/purchase items in the deal?

Clarify the details.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2015, 06:50 PM
    That is not right, some numbers are off. Taxes(20%) and commission(10%) maybe $1,000 off should yield $2400 or so. Actually, depending on your tax rate and commission, $627.83 could be what was deducted??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 10, 2015, 11:15 AM
    Have you asked your broker for an accounting?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling Company Incentive Stocks [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Last year I exercised company stock options. A month later my company was sold so all my shares were sold. Assume that my exercise price was "X" and my selling price was "Y". If I was paid out my profits like in simple "Y-X" then I would have just reported that easily. However, some amount...

Selling stocks to pay off mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

We want to pay our home mortgage off by selling some stocks we have held for a long time. We owe 190k on the mortgage. Our regular income is only 20k this year. How much will selling this stock affect us tax wise? We understand we have to pay a 15% capital gains tax on the "gain" from the sale....

Can you make a living off trading/selling stocks [ 2 Answers ]

Will I be able to make money by buying stockes... if so what company or stocks should I invest in

NJ Nonresidence filing: Net gain from selling stocks [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question about my NJ non-residence tax return filing. I am a residence of Virginia and worked from Jan - Nov 2011. Then I worked in NJ for the month of December (was a residence for less than 30 days there since I commute on the weekend). I sold some stocks in around May of 2011...

View more questions Search