Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FRIENDLY Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 06:07 PM
    What do you attend school for when you have a felony
    What do you attend school for when you have a felony conviction?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Well I guess I would leave Criminal Justice out, But you take those classes you want engineering, marketing, and so on. It is just going to be harder with a felony, not impossible, what happens in many cases you compete against others for one opening, but then there are also 1000's of businesses you can also start on your own. And you can also land a job against others if you have other qualities that stand out.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Mar 24, 2007, 09:59 PM
    Think about what you can do on your own, it is going to be a struggle to find decent employment for at lest ten years. The best thing is to think about what you can do on a contract basis, or just stare your own thing. Dogg, the bounty hunter was convicted of a felony, and he works in criminal justice. Fr Chuck thinks it is funny to mock people.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2007, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    Think about what you can do on your own, it is going to be a struggle to find decent employment for at lest ten years. The best thing is to think about what you can do on a contract basis, or just stare your own thing. Dogg, the bounty hunter was convicted of a felony, and he works in criminal justice. Fr Chuck thinks it is funny to mock people.
    Father Chuck, Was not mocking anybody. He was telling the truth. He said it would be a lot harder but not impossible. I think you should re read his whole answer because you honestly must have read a different one.

Joe
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Mar 24, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Yeah probably
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 06:51 AM
    Yes, by law there are some jobs you just can't do, in TN for example you can't sell real estate or insurance ( for most but you can apply for a waver on many convictions) But factory workers, people in the timber industry, people in the construction industry, plumbers, electriicians can all have criminal records.

Driving down my city street, the print shop, the sewing factory, the screen print shop, the grocrey store, the auto repair shop, you can work at any and all the places with a criminal record.

Now of course if there are 20 applications for one job, the conviction will hurt, but if you show good education, and can impress them by the way you dress ( about 1/2 the applicants we get would automatically not be hired just because of the way they dress)

I have had several people with criminal records work for us.
    derek1958 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 02:13 PM
    Hey Chuck! First time here. I have a felony U on my record. It was way back in 1988 when I used bad judgement. I am still having trouble getting hired here in Wisconsin. Is there any state that removes the felony after so many years? Thanks!
    corinnehill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2011, 09:10 AM
    Even though my felony can be expounged can I still go to school and ged a degree for social work and after school will I be able to get a job as a social worker

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Living with a felony [ 40 Answers ]

Do companies have the right to exclude a candidate from a job position based on a felony conviction? I was recently hired by an IT consulting firm to do a software deployment for a major bank. The consulting firm investigated my background, after I had fully disclosed the information to them. ...

Felony Expungment [ 3 Answers ]

I have two felonys on my record and I would like them expunged. My first one is a fourth degree felony Arson casein January of 2001. My second is an obstruction of justice a fifth degree felony in September of 2002

Felony expungment [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to get a felony expunged without having to wait 5-7 years, in Texas, after your probation. I'm ready to get a better job and focus on providing more for my child. I am currently on probation for check forgery, that I did when I was 19, very naïve and not mention dumb

Felony New york [ 14 Answers ]

OK I'm chef wondering if I can work for a reitrement community my charge was conspiracy to traffic... I know on my papers it says my charge is removed from public view after 1 year if that helps Ohhh I forgot I never had any jail time or anything just 1 year probation

View more questions Search