Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    welshdragon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2012, 10:03 AM
    Furnace does not turn automatically
    Lenox G20Q2E-50-2.
    Furnace will not always respond to thermostat. When program is set to drop temp and then have furnace turn back on to heat house, the furnace does not activate (nothing- it's like it didn't received the message). When wife comes home from work, house is still cold.

I have replaced the thermostat to a basic honeywell programmable unit with same results.

The only way to get furnace to start back up is to turn off/on the master switch at the side of furnace. Then it works fine maintaining temps.

I am a homeowner, not an tech. Any help will be appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace fan/blower does not turn on automatically [ 6 Answers ]

I have a furnace, which worked well until today. The furnace fan/blower can be turn on manually (switching to ON position from the thermostat--Maple Chase 9600). However, when the fan switch is switched to AUTO position, and the room temperature is below the setting temperature, the furnace is...

Carrier 58SXA080 furnace doesn't turn on automatically. [ 0 Answers ]

We come home after work and sometimes our house is 60 degrees. We turn the Honeywell dial thermostat from "Heat" to "Off" and back to "Heat" and the Carrier 58SXA080 furnace starts fine and warms the house to 70 degrees. This was happening once a month, but now it is happening almost daily. I...

Furnace fan will not automatically turn on [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Lennox G23 series and the fan will not automatically click on when the furnace starts. When I turn the fan to on the system is working fine.Thank you

Furnace Does Not Turn on Automatically [ 33 Answers ]

Sometimes when I have the furnace set on automatic it will not turn on when the temperature goes below the set point. All I have to do in order for it to work again is turn the furnace off then back on (I do this at the thermostat) and it will work fine for a day or two, then the same thing happens...

Changed Thermostat will not automatically turn Furnace on [ 1 Answers ]

We changed our old honeywell thermostat (with mercury) to an updated honeywell thermostat (with no mercury) CT87K. After we changed the thermostat the furnace will not automatically kick on and it actually shut off so we had to hit the reset button. The furnace at times now will turn of if we put...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.