Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stacymi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2011, 05:17 PM
    Trying to evict a verbal agreement renter, cause I don't feel safe in my own home.
    I live in Washington state. I rented a room to a at the time, a co worker. 4 weeks ago, he got fired. We do not have a written lease, it is verbal. He broke the verbal agreement by bringing drugs in my home, which I told him, was not allowed. He told me he would never do that to me. There were 3 witnesses of him bragging about bringing it in the house. My 27 year old son lives here, another 48 year old co worker lives here with her 12 year old son.
    He has since started drinking all the time, and using foul language. When he gets drunk, he starts yelling, and is just plain rude.
    I left for California for 2 weeks, and while I was gone, he left my front door wide open, and my friends dog got out. She had to go through the neighborhood to find the dog. He brought his Mom in the house to stay for 4 nights without asking me. He has brought my lawn chairs in the house on my wood floor, left my special blankets out side. When I got home Saturday night, I sent him a text telling him he had till Friday to get all of his stuff out of my house. He has been paying every two weeks, and Friday is the end of the 2 week period. Since then, he has gone crazy. He is verbally threatening me to the point, my other renters and I don't feel safe coming to our home, afraid of what we will find here. And once we are home, we hide out in our rooms upstairs. Is there any way we can get him out of here before the 30 day period? He says he will stay here for the 30 days, but I will not get another dime from him.
    I don't feel safe in my own home.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2011, 07:45 PM

If there are threats and you have proof, go and see about getting a order of protection against him.

Another issue, is your property zoned as a rooming house, since unless it is zoned multi family, you can not legally rent

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't feel safe at home and have got no were to go? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 11 years old. My dad abusses me when my moms not home and makes it sound like its my fault. I don't feel safe at home and have know were to go. I try telling pepele but my mom always makes acuses so it sounds like I was just making things up. Ive tried telling doctors,teachers even my counsler...

Why do I feel safe at home in my bedroom? [ 8 Answers ]

I feel safe when I am at home in my bedroom, I'd like to stay there forever, but that is not reality. Last year I tried to take my life but they saved me, I should be dead and at time I wish I were, my life is in a worse mess today than it was then, it seems that everywhere I turn I make the...

How do I evict a girlfriend, no written agreement, home is mine? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a girl firend that has been staying with me for about a month and a half. No paper work showing she will pay anything, verbal agreement on paying light bill is all we have agreed on. She has personal property that she has moved in, and personal property that she has bought since we have been...

Evict 7 day renter [ 2 Answers ]

If I serve a 7 day lease termination for non-payment, when can I evict?

Landlord/Renter verbal agreements [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My wife and I are in a situation right now where we are now leasing a home for the second time in the past 2 years. We signed our first lease about two years ago with our current landlord where we were required to put a security deposit down, as well as the first and last months rent...

View more questions Search