Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JPatterson77 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Dress designer?
    I have a picture of a wedding dress, but I can not find it any where on the internet. Does anyone know where I can go to find out who made it? Thanks!
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2009, 01:04 PM

Was the picture taken at a friend/relatives wedding, if so maybe you can contact the bride and see where she got the dress? Also, she may have had the dress special made for the occasion and it is a one of a kind
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 18, 2009, 01:23 PM
    Where did the picture come from? Can you load it here so we can see?

You could possibly take the pic to larger bridal salons and ask if they have it, but FYI: Most bridal shops will NOT tell you who the designer is. It's there way to keep people from trying to copy the design and/or shop for it elsewhere.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 18, 2009, 01:44 PM

Yes, the source of the photo can help to answer the question better. Do you have access to the dress itself or who owns it? If you obtained the photo from a website or blog you can always contact the admin of the site to request where its from.

Sep 21, 2009, 12:31 PM

Yes I will try to post a pic of the dress, can anyone tell me where I can find this designer? This system will not allow me to post a picture. I will try to send a message to the help desk to find out how. Thanks for reading.
    Vision Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 12:37 PM

In the window that you are typing in, click the yellow square with the mountains in it. Paste the link in there and voilą!

Or paste the link in here.

Also, please answer the above questions so that we may be able to better assist you.

Sep 21, 2009, 12:55 PM
    OK, here you go, can you see it?
    Attached Images

Vision Expert

Sep 21, 2009, 12:57 PM

Yes I can... What is the source of this photo?

Sep 21, 2009, 01:25 PM
    I found it on e-bay under a "Lot Vintage Bridal Gowns 5 Wedding Dresses Great Prices" the company is "NVSS" what is that? I read further and learned that the company could not garentee what was in the "lot." This picutre had the information scratched out so I could not make out the designer or any information. I have searched the internet and not had any luck, as of yet.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 02:44 AM

Contact the seller on e-bay and see if they can tell you where it from.

If they have a disclaimer saying that it "may not be in the lot" then odds are they have never had that dress and are only using it for advertising though.

Have you taken the photo to any bridal shops?
    Cedarln2265 Posts: 193, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2009, 06:54 AM

Oh that is so gorgeous! Doesn't that look like crocheted top? I don't even remember ever seeing a bridal dress with a crocheted top. It also looks somewhere around period 1947 to 1955 era dress. I'll check and see who designers where for those periods. Will advise
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2009, 07:42 AM

What Is A Crochet Wedding Dress?

Also - I saw something very similar by Adam Lippes.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Sep 24, 2009, 09:39 AM

"Vintage" may be the issue. It may not be in production any longer.

It looks like a late 1990's design based on the model and hairstyle. My cousin had a dress with a similar top - she was married in 1997.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online Dress Designer? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a website where I could design a prom dress and print it out? I can't seem to find any using Google, ask.com, Yahoo or AOL. =]

I'm In Need Of A Web Designer! [ 4 Answers ]

If anyone knows someone that is able to do web templates please let them know that I'm in need of one as soon as possible. What I'm Looking For: HTML web template. No wordpress, or blogger. I know how to update. Something fun, yet professional. Colorful header, leaning towards girly,...

How to use sharepoint designer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone Well the reason why I'm here today is because I'm trying to make a website but I was using different tool to create a pages but now I would like to lear how to use sharepoint designer is any one here can tell me how to use it please,please please

View more questions Search