Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    funky_girl Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 01:49 PM
    Confused.a lot
    Well, I'm turning 14, and I'm really confused. It's just everything I hear or see it's all about how when you get older life becomes difficult with a lot of responsabilities, a lot of problems etc. and also it's like I'm afraid of time as because of all this I fear of growing up :( . I also can't see any nice view of life, it's just you grow up, find someone to love, marry[maybe] get older and.. get on with life. And it keeps me afraid of thinking that this time of life will blow away as every happy moment does [and of course I will never be able to bring it back] and it seems as you get older life can't become as it used to be but become more difficult with problems increasing not decreasing. The real point I want to say is: I'm afraid to grow up :confused: and when I remember how happy I was when I was younger it makes me more sad, and than I remember that I have to face life->which in my view all I can see is something new which I'll be afraid to live,
    Thank you a lot for taking your time to read this, I appreciate if you can give me an advise or something
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Feb 9, 2008, 02:08 PM
    See what you have done people.

Don't woory until you absolutely have to. Since I was about 13 people have been telling me that I need to pull my finger out/plan the rest of my life/get my head down.
    I was a bloody child, I still am!! All I wanted to do was have fun, and I still do.
    So I found myself with clinical depression and I was snapping at people and losing friends... untill one day I found something to silence all those people AND have fun, it just happened to be music for me.
    Just remember that you are your own worse critic, make sure your happy before you even think about other people
    mwilliams15 Posts: 172, Reputation: 24

Feb 9, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Aw.. its going to be okay. You need to stop worrying about all of that and live your teenager years to the fullest.

Life does get harder, but its really exciting too. Soon you'll be getting your drivers license. You get to look forward to school dances, prom, dating, good times with friends. Your senior year will come around and it will be time to start picking out a college and thinking about what you want to dedicate your life to.. something that will make you happy and leave you fulfilled every day. You'll get to go off to college to work on that, spend time away from home, meet new people and see new places. Eventually you will graduate and start making money. You'll be able to buy what you need. You no longer have to ask for permission from your parents. You'll meet the love of your life and make all sorts of happy memories. Then you will have kids one day and you get to watch them grow up and go through everything you went through.

Life gets harder and more complicated, but it's fun too. I just turned 20 years old and I'm in my second year of college. Sometimes I look back and wish I were younger, but I'm happy to be where I am. I'm having the time of my life, learning about myself and taking classes so I can dedicate my life to something I love and want to do. I have bills to pay, but almost everyone does. I'm looking forward to starting a job one day so I have money to travel because its fun to me.

You're going to be happy as you get older. Don't be sad. You still have 5-6 teenage years left. Live them to the fullest. One tip I'd give you is to not have a boyfriend all through high school.. trust me.. high school will be a lot funner if you just hang out with your friends. That's something I wish I could take back.

Want to know anything else about growing up? Just ask =)
    marisaann543 Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Feb 10, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Girl, don't worry so much! Enjoy being a teenager! Surround yourself with people you like and find your passions, the things you are really interested in. it will all fall together eventually. These are the prime years, go live them!
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2008, 05:55 PM
    You're 14. So be 14. And ask (politely) those in your life to realize that you're (only) 14 and to please treat you accordingly. Don't let anyone pressure you into thinking you have to be more grownup than is appropriate for your age.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 11:32 PM
    Yeah, its true you will have more responsibilities, problems, and have to face difficulties as you grow up but it's not something you need to be afraid of because there's plenty of things to look forward to also. Surround yourself by the people you love and who love you and enjoy life. Have fun with your friends. Look forward to all the school dances and sporting events. Get involved in a club or sport or any other activity that you love and have fun with it. Look forward to maybe falling in love. If you do, it should be great, right? If you live your lfe to the fullest now, at least when you're old you can look back and say "i lived a great life."
    funky_girl Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Thanks a lot, it really helped... you are all good for giving advises! :)
    Jessie V Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2008, 08:39 AM
    I agree with many of the comments up there. You need to enjoy your teenage years. I'm 22 and still wish things were as easy as they were in high school but I would not trade my experiences that I had between then and now. I will be graduating college in May and getting on with my life. I have great friends and a great boyfriend. Things get harder but as long as you are around those that care for you then you can get through them all and even have some fun with it. Life has ups and downs but with out them what would life really mean? Think about what you want to do but don't grow up too fast. I had to and it wasn't fun. Just enjoy being a teen.
    LostInHisEyez Posts: 130, Reputation: 15

Feb 12, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_girl
    well, i'm turning 14, and I'm really confused. It's just everything I hear or see it's all about how when you get older life becomes difficult with a lot of responsabilities, a lot of problems etc. and also it's like I'm afraid of time as because of all this I fear of growing up :( . I also can't see any nice view of life, it's just you grow up, find someone to love, marry[maybe] get older and.. get on with life. and it keeps me afraid of thinking that this time of life will blow away as every happy moment does [and of course I will never be able to bring it back] and it seems as you get older life can't become as it used to be but become more difficult with problems increasing not decreasing. the real point I want to say is: I'm afraid to grow up :confused: and when I remember how happy I was when I was younger it makes me more sad, and than I remember that I have to face life->which in my view all I can see is something new which I'll be afraid to live,
    thank you a lot for taking your time to read this, I appreciate if you can give me an advise or something
    I feel you.. sometimes I still wish I could just stay in elementary school recess forever, but you have no idea what you're missing! I'm only 17 1/2 and I've experienced new friends, love, driving, working, and of course it sounds bad, but you grow to live with it because life isn't going to stop for anyone! People are going to try to make you figure out life now, but you don't even know much about it yet, relax, take a deep breath and just go have fun. You won't even notice when the harder stuff comes around because you'll be old enough to handle it, and don't forget, its okay to cry. I think some people forget that when they get older as a sign of weakness or whatever but just relax and live your little 13 year old life to the fullest :]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My fan comes on a lot! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMP125-4 A/C that is about 11 years old. Gas heat, electric cool. I have lived here for a little more than two years, and within the past 3 months, I've noticed that the fan comes on a lot. A lot means it will come on for 5 or so minutes, shut off for 30 seconds to a minute, then...

Confused a lot about this girl [ 66 Answers ]

Hi all, I've read a lot of different posts on here which have been a huge help, but have a scenerio of my own. In short, perfect 2 1/2 year relationship is falling apart because she feels like she has lost herself. Ok, give her more space. Few days later she doesn't know if she wants to be with...

Hi, I need a lot of help [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Im new My period was due on dec 18. So I'm now 7 days late. I had implantation bleeding on the 11 of dec, which would be on track if I had gotten pregnant. My lmp was nov 20. I've done hpt some were positive, some were negative. This happened with my last pregnancy. So I'm not concerned...

I have a lot of discharge... [ 1 Answers ]

I Have been having discharge for the past 3 days that is strange to me. The first day it was a very little amount but it was on my underwear. I didn't think nothing of that cause sometimes that happens to me. The second day it was a little more but it looked like it had blood in it, but it was very...

Lot of questions... confused... please help [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I arrived in the US in Aug 2001, been on F-1 until September 2005. Got my H-1 on Oct 1st 2005. Joined Company A in May 2005 but their pay roll deducted my ssn and medicare taxes not considering my status. Changed to company B in Dec 2005. My questions are: 1)I am a non-resident...

View more questions Search