Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noody Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2008, 06:28 AM
    Is is leopard again or is it my router ?
    I'm not sure if this is a Mac problem, a Leopard problem in Safari or a problem with my Netgear router DG834PN.

I recently added some security settings, simple ones like changing the default login password and the wireless password together with adding a Mac address for one laptop using 'Airport'.

On this machine (Intel-Mac G5 2 ghz) there are 2 user accounts, my user account cannot access the Netgear control panel, if I use my partners account it accesses fine.

Normal procedure is to type the IP address 192.168.0.1 if you're still logged-in the control panel appears, if another user is logged-in a panel informs you that an administrator is already logged-in, if no-one is logged-in a login panel appears. In the case of my user account the Safari browser page just gets stuck as if it can't find the address but it doesn't actually say it can't find the address.

Any ideas ?

I have other issues with Leopard, like printer problems, want to talk about that ?

Regards
    Richard
    mseik Posts: 40, Reputation: 6

Jan 6, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Hi Richard. I have no help for you, but have you headed over to Macfixit? Someone will definitely be able to troubleshoot with you over there. I'm having airport problems with my powerbook and desktop, too, so I'll probably be seeing you there!

Jan 7, 2008, 01:28 AM
    Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try Macfixit, there seem to be so many issues with Leopard I really don't understand why/how I became an early-adopter though I don't use my Mac for work thank goodness.

I've been reading lot's of stuff on this site that I understand and have been able to share, Macfixit always seems a little 'high-brow' and above my level. I need to give it another go.

Thanks
    Richard

Jan 10, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Solved the problem but I'm not sure how the problem started, another admin/user was logged into the Netgear router, usually if another user tries to log-in under those circumstances a warning panel comes-up to tell you another user is logged-in.

This didn't happen, Safari behaved like I didn't have an internet connection.

I had other problems and they were to do with the Leopard 'upgrade' procedure. I eventually did an 'archive and install" preserve users settings, everything but the printer problem is now solved.

I'm back to 10.5 and going to re-install the drivers of the machine I think worked before I did the 10.5.1 updater.

Regards
    Richard
    Chuckamuck Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 11:25 PM
    Ask Me Help Desk is great for a lot of stuff, but for heavy duty quesitons like this, I would recommend going to Apple - Support - Discussions - Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard
    You'll need your apple ID to log in and ask questions, but anyone can browse what's already there.
    There's a rumor that Apple deletes posts that make it look too bad, but I've seen some pretty serious problems mentioned in these forums that (obviously) have not been deleted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leopard Gecko [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone heard of not feeding your reptiles crickets that are found wild? I know some insects' exoskeleton can be too hard to digest. But someone told me the other day the Gecko could get worms? I just thought this was weird. I know large constrictors can get tapeworms from the mice or rats, but...

Using router as a hub [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my Q is, can the router be used as a hub or as a switch for home small network (peer to peer connection)? Thanks

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

Router [ 3 Answers ]

How to setup a wireless router? Say I have about 10 pcs.

View more questions Search