Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmjdny Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Arhenius tortoise
    Here the tortoise has a head start but its speed is lesser than his competitor
    T: tortoise
    R: rabbit
    Now to win rabbit has to cross tortoise: i.e. it has to come to the position of tortoise and then go ahead: look at the figure below: rabbit has to go first point ‘B’ where the rabbit is and then go ahead. But by the time rabbit reach B tortoise moved to C: now the whole thing can be seen fresh: R has to come to the position of tortoise and then go ahead : i.e. rabitt has to go C and then ahead but by the time it reaches C tortoise move to D ::::: So tortoise will be always ahead of the rabbit :::::: but as we know if the distances are sufficiently large rabbit must win:::: what is wrong with logic
    R________T_____________
    A________B_____________

_________R_____T________
    A________B_____C_______

________________R__T____
    A________B_____C__D____
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Zeno was a greek philosopher who first asked this question and similar questions (he would tell a soldier to run away from arrow fire because then it could never catch them up... they still died... ).

Read more about his paradoxes here.

Zeno's paradoxes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His paradoxes still are talked about today, and gives philosophers a lot to think about in terms of the nature of distance and time. His theory might be wrong, but his thinking was genius!
    Xaniz Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 10:28 AM
    O I get it, I saw a cartoon of this once or something, I don't know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search