Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Herlandos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Bubbles in toilet
    What does it mean to have bubbles appear in the upstairs toilet when I flush? I've never had a problem with it (no overflow or slow flow), and the main sewer line out from the house was recently reamed with a snake. Am I in imminent danger of a sewage backup? Or do I just need that line snaked out?
    Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 24, 2007, 10:02 AM
    The bubbles are sewer gas escaping. This indicates a partial blockage in the drain line. It should be snaked and cleared. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement toilet bubbles when upstairs toilet is flushed and washer drains. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just recently (last few days) my toilet in the basement bathroom has begun to bubble. This is caused when one of the upstairs toilets (directly above it) flushes but not another one upstairs. It also bubbles quite rapidly when the clothes washer drains. The washer is located in the...

Toilet bubbles [ 1 Answers ]

I built my house a little over a year ago, and did everything myself to save money, however I am not a professional plumber. I am located in the country, so I did not pull any permits. My plumbing has worked fine up until about a month ago. My drain starts at the kitchen sink, and runs 20' in 2"...

Toilet bubbles [ 3 Answers ]

For months now I have been hearing an occasional bubble coming from my toilet. I assumed it was coming from the sewer system. There was not any problems with drainage. This morning I heard the noise again. This time the toilet , washer and bathroom sink came up into my tub. And nothing is draining...

Toilet Bubbles [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new toilet downstairs in the basement (below grade about 6ft) The toilet flushes very good, water pressure good, however when you first flush the toilet a 2 inch air bubble comes up after that no problems. Never a problem otherwise. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Bubbles in toilet [ 3 Answers ]

The toilet is bubbling, this appear to be an occasional problem, mainly in the mornings. Air bubbles rise and the toilet is slow to empty. Using other area in the house, kitchen sink and shower there are also air bubbles after the applianace is emptied. Can I fix this problem? Or is it a job for...

View more questions Search