Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tenaj Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2006, 11:13 PM
    Is this a ridiculous request?
    :confused: Hello, Tenaj again. I bought a new computer XP Media center edition moved up from Windows 2000. Is is possible for me to burn Front Page from my old computer to CD and install it on my new. I bought the old computer from someone who runs an ad in our local newspaper that rebuild computers and MO2000 was loaded on it. I don't have the CD. I only paid $175 for it.

I have the CD for MO97 when I ran 98 years ago but it doesn't come with Front Page. I want to learn to build a website.

The reason I had to get a new computer is because the top half of the screen was black with a bright line light at the base of the top. When I turn it off for a few hours it goes away.

So is it ridiculous for me to think that I can burn MO2000 to CD and re-load it on my new computer. I might be able to call her to get the key.

Tenaj
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 21, 2006, 01:50 AM
    I doubt you would be able too unless you had the original setup files because copying c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ would not copy you the registry. Also this is the introduction forum. If you post within this part of the forum you may get a better response

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 then choose a sub catogery and click new question.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jan 21, 2006, 03:32 AM
    Ms Office
    Hi,
    I think manutd4eva is right. It will not be possible to copy the set up files of Microsoft Office. You should try to get the installation CD of Microsoft 2000.
    However to get more precise answers post your question in the right forum.

Jan 21, 2006, 08:49 AM
    Thank you ManUtd4Eva.

Jan 21, 2006, 08:52 AM
    Thank you Shaved. I need to got to the how to section and learn to post in the right forum. LOL
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2006, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaj
    :confused: Hello, Tenaj again. I bought a new computer XP Media center edition moved up from Windows 2000. Is is possible for me to burn Front Page from my old computer to CD and install it on my new. I bought the old computer from someone who runs an ad in our local newspaper that rebuild computers and MO2000 was loaded on it. I don't have the CD. I only paid $175 for it.

I have the CD for MO97 when I ran 98 years ago but it doesn't come with Front Page. I want to learn to build a website.

The reason I had to get a new computer is because the top half of the screen was black with a bright line light at the base of the top. When I turn it off for a few hours it goes away.

So is it ridiculous for me to think that I can burn MO2000 to CD and re-load it on my new computer. I might be able to call her to get the key.

Tenaj
    First you cannot make install CDs or copy an program installation from PC to CD. Install routines make too many changes to your systems.

Second, Yes you do need to learn how to use this site. I'm just curious as to what you think all those different categories are for? Isn't it obvious that each of those categories represent a topic of question.

Third, If you want to try and transfer programs and settings from one PC to another you can try the File And Transfer Settings Wizard in XP.
    iamarcin Posts: 72, Reputation: 4

Feb 7, 2006, 04:36 PM
    You can try to remove the hard drive and hook it up to the new PC so that you can use the program anyway.

Feb 7, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Thanks anyway iamarcin it fixed.
    geraldask Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2006, 08:03 PM
    You can not burn that program from the HD.

Geraldask

Feb 10, 2006, 08:05 PM
    It's all done Geraldask. Thank you. I had to change the registry.
    geraldask Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaj
    It's all done Geraldask. Thank you. I had to change the registry.
    You mean you copied the software to a CD. That's a first for me. Please explain how that's done (if you don't mind)

Feb 11, 2006, 12:07 PM
    No, I didn't. I networked my computers together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yet another 80s movie name request [ 2 Answers ]

First off its an 80's teenish movie Ok I'm really stumped with this one one, all I remember is that at the start of the film a moody teenager is drinking a can of beer near the edge of this ledge or top of a building ,when he finishes it he puts the can right at the edge. Then he gets on his...

Movie title request [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not sure what decade this film is from but this man is in some sort of a maze thing deep underground and these little evil blue men with long blue hair are after him and they can crawl up walls and they crawling on the ceiling above him... and that's all I can remember about the film because I...

80s Movie Title Request [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: hi I'm looking for an 80s movie and I can't think of the title what so ever so I was wondering if anyone could help me!? The story to the film is about a white glowing ball that comes down from space and its set in the future with roller skating kids and one of the skater kids brother...

View more questions Search