Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CURIOUS08 Posts: 84, Reputation: 3

May 28, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Sore Spot On Head
    Hey There...

Was just wondering if anyone else has had this. I have this spot on the right side of the back of my head that hurts to the touch. I feel it when I brush my hair and there is any kind of pressure applied to this spot. I never have a headache from it but once in a while might feel a short throb come from it, but usully I wouldn't even know it's there. It just appeared one day all of a sudden. I don't remember hitting my head... I don't feel anything underneath my scalp and there is no rash or anything. It's just a spot that feels about the size of a nickel and when I touch it I feel a lot of pressure and it almost feels like a bruise.
    I have had it for about 4-5 days now. I did ask my mom about it and she said she used to have similar problems... and I am somewhat of a hypochondriac so I'm worried that I'm just going to drop dead from it lol...

Please any feedback anyone has regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :):confused:
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 10:32 AM
    It might be a swollen lymph node. You might have a cold.. nothing to worry about.

May 28, 2008, 10:47 AM
    I don't seem to have a cold. I do get allergies and stuffed up from time to time but nothing that some benedryl doesn't fix. I feel a little tired but then again I was out and about all Memorial day weekend and I get up early for work. Like I said.. I don't feel a headache... just pressure and soreness when I touch it... and then the aftermath after I touch it like I know it's there. I'll have to look up swollen lymph node. Have you had this before? I'm getting so worked up now because I'm reading stuff on the net and I'm getting all sorts of thoughts.. LOL.. I know I'm neurotic LOL
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2008, 10:50 AM
    I have had this before. I even got this once after a spide bite. I

To be on the safe side make an appointment to see your doctor

May 28, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Thanks for the answers... anyone else have this?

May 28, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Well I did look up swollen lymph nodes and what is on my head doesn't really feel swollen. It's just one spot that feels sore... and when I put pressure on it, it hurts. Anyone else?

May 29, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this?
    Vixen13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Hey, I have the same problem and I've told a few doctors but they don't seem bothered about it at all.I'm not so sure but then I'm also a hypercondriac. I have had it for a few months now and it only really feels sore if I touch it.I think it may be to do with stress and tension but I'm not a doctor. Have you asked for a CT scan?
    sharpe777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CURIOUS08 View Post
    Thanks for the answers... anyone else have this?
    I have a sore spot on the left side of my head scalp right by the neck line. I have no idea how I got this, but it hurts to touch or put presur on too. It been only two days but I am making a Dr. appt. if it dosen't get better.
    lanie S Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 10:06 PM
    I have that sore spot ( right side, feels bruised) and ear ringing and dizziness - seems to come and go. Any thoughts?
    longgal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2009, 09:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lanie S View Post
    I have that sore spot ( right side, feels bruised) and ear ringing and dizziness - seems to come and go. Any thoughts?
    I have a sore spot on the right side of my head that is really tender and hurts when I touch it.
    jaclynnroe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2009, 06:08 PM
    I bumped my head one day in the garage. Now I have a sore spot in the crown of my head. Had it for about 2 months now. It hurtrs to the touich; No headaches, sharp pains once in a while... When I keep touching it I get a headache... Where should I go for peace of mind... what type of dr
    brittanyflick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2009, 11:28 PM
    Yea I have it too.. exact same thing.. im freaking out as well... I have it on the left back side of my head and its making me think I'm having blurred vision but I don't know if I'm being a hypochondriac too... now I have a headache because I'm thinking about it. But yea its been there for like a week and it feels ever so slightly raised.. I can't tell if that's just me being crazy or if it's a problem... im glad it's not just me.. maybe it's nothing.
    belindababe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2010, 12:58 PM
    I have the Same PROBLEM... SCARING ME TOO... BUT I had it happen before from wearing my hair up in a pony tail... my hair is think and long. But this does feel different from then. I have no red spot, didn't hit my head. I don't know how a sore spot on you head can be from a cold?
    fearnot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 09:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CURIOUS08 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else has had this?
    I have the same thing on the left back side of my head I use a massager to keep the blood circulating! I have had this for several years but nothing serious has come out of it. I have noticed that I have to clear my throat have massaging that area. It hurts a when I massage it, but it kind of feels good as well! I have it the back of my head REALLY hard many many years ago! I'm thinking it's scar tissue!
    Treycey2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2010, 07:11 PM
    I went to the doctor as I had other symptoms that followed this... started with a soreness behind my eye/temple area, then moved up on top of my head... I have had this for about a week now. It followed with TIA like symptoms... Dr.s told me at first it could have been ministroke... then ended up telling me I had migraine... not sure why they think this. My symptoms look exactly like TIA but Drs keep turning back to migraine... the constant in all of this is the soreness of the top of my head. Frustrating! I had like 6 tests run at the hospital but they just tell me migraine. Does a migraine last a week?
    matt4444 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2010, 06:54 AM
    I have the same thing. On the back of my head, Its quite big but I though it was a spot, but would also like to know if it is something more serious?
    matt4444 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2010, 07:05 AM
    I also had pain behind my eyes? But It didn't feel like a migraine.
    LANTZK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2010, 01:10 AM
    I too have a sore spot on the top left front of my head... no swelling, no inflammation. It hurt even when I only touch the hair over the area. Some days are worse than others... the pain some times is not there but other times it has been so bad it had dropped me to my knees. I lost my insurance back in March and have not had the cash to get to the doctor so I don't know what it is... only that I know it can't be good... If it kills me at least all my other problems will be solved... :-)...
    Katie64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2011, 01:33 PM
    I also get sore spots on my head - they never are related to accidents or pulling -they seem to just appear, can last up to a week and then they're gone. They come and go in different areas. Currently I have one on the right side (back) about even with my ear... It seems to be about the size of a quarter. I too think I may be a hypocondriac as I have never heard anyone address this issue before... I am concerned however because it is on the head - is it related to something going on IN the head?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've got a yellow spot like a normal acne spot on my penis. [ 21 Answers ]

I've got like a 1/2cm spot with a yellow/white head on it on my penis about halfway up. Its like a normal acne spot on a face but I have no idea what it is?. I've squeezed it, thinking it was a normal spot and whitish pus has come out (exactly like a normal spot on your face when you squeeze it)......

Black Spot on head of penis? [ 1 Answers ]

About two weeks ago I got really sharp pains at the top of my penis when I got home I checked it out and there was a black spot very very small. I went tot the doctors and told him about and he had alok he said it was nothing and that it would go away. I have noticed I only get the pain when my...

Fordyce's spot (White Spot on penis) [ 15 Answers ]

I have quite a lot of small white lumps on my penis and scrotum, after doing research and looking at pictures I think these might be Fordyce's spots, but I have found one spot which looks similar to the rest but maybe the littlest bit bigger and has a yellowish head, is it possible for the penis to...

Flat spot 4-month old infant head - helmet necessary? [ 9 Answers ]

When we took our 2 month old son to his well check-up, it was brought to my Attention a 'barely there' flattened area on his head. I was instructed To roll a blanket under him while he slept to make him look the other way & increase tummy time, etc. I thought it wouldn't be an issue anymore. ...

Little faded black spot on head of penis. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am almost 18 and I have a small black spot on the head of my penis, it does not cause pain or annoy me, I am just slightly worried. It seems to fade but is always there, I have just had a shower and it seems to have faded away a bit but is still there, I do not have baths a lot, and I wanted...

View more questions Search