Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdw2co Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 11:57 PM
    Cd/dvd drive quit reading.
    My cd/dvd drive will not read anything. It worked fine a couple of weeks ago. Any solutions? Thanks.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 11:39 AM

Try reloading the drivers for the CD. Lots of times they get corrupted causing the reader not to work properly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD Drive not reading any disks [ 19 Answers ]

My cd drive doesn't read any type of disks, I've tried music and installation disks and nothing happeneds. The drive was working fine a few days ago, but it hasn't worked since I did abit of cable management. The computer is picking up that I've got a cd drive and it appears when I get boot the...

Not reading CD ROM Drive [ 1 Answers ]

I put in a game CD & it isn't reading the drive, help

CD/DVD Drive reading ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem with my CD/DVD-RW Drive!! When I start my PC and insert a disc, then check what is stored on the disc, all is well but when I then eject this disc and insert a different one, the original set of files are displayed as the disc contents. I have tried un-installing /...

My CD drive is not reading some Cds.. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm a new guest to this forum.. For past two days I found that my cd-drive is not recognising some of the cds, which I wrote in the same system and which was read sometime before by the same drive... I don't know how to solve the problem... Pls help.. Mine is Dell-laptop with Sony dvd+RW, and...

CD Drive Isn't Reading Certain CDs? [ 1 Answers ]

My CD drive isn't reading the disk I use for the game I play ( I know it sounds stupid ). The computer is a Compaq Presario. The drive doesn't sound like it's spinning or running at all, the light on the drive goes on for a couple of seconds then turns off. The drive reads every other disk though...

View more questions Search