Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninagret Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 03:29 PM
    "Uncontested dissoultion of domestic partnership"
    After finding out that we missed the date to dissolve our domestic partnership before the five year mark, my ex filed as the petitioner at the county court to end our domestic partnership. She has served me and I have signed. She told me that the clerk said that if I do not respond that it will default and we will not have to go to court. Now she is asking for money in order to turn in the proof of service. Does she have to turn that in for the case to proceed? If she files for a default can she ask the court for money? I can't help thinkging she fed me false information about not responding in order to set me up to ask for money. We do not have any debts or children together. I did sign over ownership of our paid timeshare in good faith to act as my contribution in this dissolution. I also don't want to cave and have her be able to ask for more when and if she files for a default judgement.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 27, 2011, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ninagret View Post
    ... She has served me and I have signed. ...
    Signed what? A receipt?

... She told me that the clerk said that if I do not respond that it will default and we will not have to go to court. Now she is asking for money in order to turn in the proof of service. Does she have to turn that in for the case to proceed? ...
    Normally, a proof of service must be filed before a default can be entered upon that service. But I have never heard of a court exacting a fee for filing a proof of service. Not saying it can't happen, but it does seem strange to me.

... If she files for a default can she ask the court for money? ...
    If that's what she requested in her petition, yes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Termination of Domestic Partnership in California [ 2 Answers ]

I am divorcing my domestic partner and she got married before it is final. Is her marriage legal?

Domestic Partnership Support [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with him for 7 years. We have two Boys together. Our relationship is ending. How do I get Domestic Partnership Support? He works full time. I work Part time when I can find work in my area.

Disposition of Assets in Partnership Dissoultion [ 1 Answers ]

Our family partnership is being dissolved. Once we get the assets liquid (cash), would it be proper to distribute assets based on pro-rata capital account balances or according to the profit/loss/capital interests as reported on the K1 forms?

Domestic partnership [ 1 Answers ]

What are the Arizona laws on domestic partnership? I see this question has been asked but I can not find the answer. If I own a home in a different part of the city but stay with a friend who is a female companion for 4 years does she have the right to my property or income? My mail goes to my...

AZ domestic partnership split [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have experience with domestic partnerships in AZ? My partner of 22 years and I have split and I am moving to another state. We own property together as well as joint bank accounts. She is not wanting to split things 50/50. Do I have recource leagally?

View more questions Search