Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    d.barrett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2005, 07:41 PM
    Ceiling Fan and String
    My 2 year old threw a ball of string over the ceiling fan while I wasn't looking and it wrapped around the fan and caused it to come to a grinding halt. I am a newbie and would like to take the fan apart but don't know if there is an easy way to get the string out. Ceiling fan is a Hampton Bay. I can't seem to find a manual online that would illustrate a good way to take the fan apart.

David
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2005, 05:59 AM
    Search for posts...
    Quote Originally Posted by d.barrett
    My 2 year old threw a ball of string over the ceiling fan while I wasn't looking and it wrapped around the fan and caused it to come to a grinding halt. I am a newbie and would like to take the fan apart but don't know if there is an easy way to get the string out. Ceiling fan is a Hampton Bay. I can't seem to find a manual online that would illustrate a good way to take the fan apart.

David
    ... by boojumm. He posted a toll free number for Hampton Bay's customer service.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

String stuck in ceiling fan? [ 5 Answers ]

My son's balloon got caught up in the ceiling fan. After the balloon was remove there is still some string left, but its too short to turn/twist to get out. I'm afraid if I turn it on it might break the fan or worst, the friction might start a spark. How do I get it out? Call an electrical or...

Ceiling fan string pulled out [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I went to turn on my 1 yr old ceiling fan and the string just pulled right out. Now my fan is stuck in the high mode... is there anything I can do to easily remedy this? I cannot get the fan off at all w/out this string... I can only change it's direction. I am NOT very handy at all, so...

String trimmer [ 3 Answers ]

How do I remove the cover to replace the string on a Weed Eater Featherlite? I just can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.

Problem in compare string [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to compare a existing with other string retriving from databse , Its not get into the if statement even there is a data retrive same as existing one... Dim epf_no As String Dim epf_no_frmdb As String epf_no = "1022" Adodc2.Refresh With Adodc2.Recordset

Ceiling Fan Pull String 3-speed Switch [ 1 Answers ]

What if someone by mistake wrongly connect the load on the switch (L) to one of the other wires (yellow, red, green)? Can this (cross wiring or mixing) cause (cross-wire) damage to the motor? Please help. I need this help urgently.

View more questions Search