Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    robinanne Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 08:38 AM
    What's the difference between a restraining order and a behavioral order
    If I have a restraining order now and want it changed to a behavioral order, what's the difference between the two
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 08:41 AM

Are you in the UK?

Aug 23, 2010, 08:45 AM

No, in us. Nevada. Basically I want to know the difference between a tpo and a behavioral order
    Family Law Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 08:51 AM

The term"behavioral order" is not used in the USA. It is used in the UK.
    Family Law Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 08:54 AM

Generally "Anti-Social Behavior Order" order is used in the Uk after minor incidents.It is about persons not living in the same household.
    Family Law Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 08:56 AM

Example-Behavior Order about your night-time noise .

What's the goal of your question?

Aug 23, 2010, 09:46 AM
    My ex came to my house and an argument ensued. He asked for and received a tpo. Then got and extension for 1 yr. my 6 yr old son was included in this epo. I an currently trying to get custody of my son and an emergency hearing was scheduled for tomorrow. I want to ask the judge to remove my son from the epo and was advised that I should ask for a behavioral order instead. Is this in my best interest
    Family Law Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robinanne View Post
    was advised that i should ask for a behavioral order instead. is this in my best interest
    Who advised you... Behavior Orders are not issued in the USA.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 23, 2010, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GV70 View Post
    Who advised you...Behavior Orders are not issued in the USA.
    I think there is confusion here because the order being a restraining order can have behavioral modifications in it. Its still an order of restraint. But lets the order includes no arguing in front of the child/children. Or no swearing etc. I think that is what they may be talking about rather then the straight forward no contact stay far away orders that are the norm.

The problem is that the order that was issued seems to have already been made permanent. (1 year). Unless this is the initial hearing that is going to take place.
    Family Law Expert

Aug 24, 2010, 01:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robinanne View Post
    whats the difference between a restraining order and a behavioral order
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    I think there is confusion here
    The initial question was about two different types of orders-RO and Bo. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restraining Order [ 14 Answers ]

My friend's girlfriend filed for sole physical and legal custody of their 6-month old daughter. They have a scheduled October 4th hearing. Now, out of the blue, she has filed for a restraining order claiming she "fears" him and "fears for the child"... I know this is because she's wants to win the...

Restraining order [ 4 Answers ]

I was just wondering about how to go about getting a restraining order against someone. Do you have to go through court and all that? Or can you just fill some paper work out? How complicated and/or hard is it?

Restraining order! [ 2 Answers ]

I got my bank account restrained by two different law firms; I planned to go ahead with an income execution if so will the restraining be lifted once I start making the payments? Also will any money go to a restrainer after a certain period? Thanks

Restraining Order. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I hit a girl who used to be my friend, and Her mom got a restraining order on me. Well now she wants to be friends with me, but I wasn't Sure if I can actually be nice to her and talk to her, And if the restraining order was just for harassing her, Or if I can't talk to her at all.

View more questions Search