Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    star1317 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Jun 22, 2010, 06:53 PM
    Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions?
    If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately..
    Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her.
    Today, we discussed that. She doesn't feel the same way, but I realized I only really liked her that way because she was one of the only people I could talk to openly about being bi, home life, etc. Basically, I mistaked someone being a good friend for someone that likes me. Hah, well we worked it alll out. We're still friends, she apologized for getting into my stuff. It's all good.. Though.. one thing I am unsure of is if we're still friends with benefits.. (Which she told me is the reason we ended up doing all that stuff.)

Well, now that that's dealt with for now, my question would be..
    Is a blog beneficial as a way of venting? As you can tell, I obviously have some drama going on involving sexuality, home life, school, and a whole bunch of other stuff..
    Well. I was thinking about getting a blog. I thought, 'Hey, y'know.. writing out everything as if I'm talking to someone is nice.. '
    I want to get one for a way vent off events that I could, otherwise, not have the chance to. When I wrote my previous 'question' it helped me remember everything, understand it better, and the feedback and support is great! Especially since it's anonymous! XD

So, is this a good plan? Any suggestions of good blog sites? Or does it seem like a bad idea? Part of me is still pessimistically thinking.. 'Ohmygod what if some creepo from school gets my email and googles it and find the blog? Then they're going to tell everyone I'm some kind of depressed dyke! D:" Which I KNOW is unlikely.. But blah..

Thank you for reading, and, if you do, taking the time to answer. :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2010, 06:56 PM

Whatever you post in a blog - or anyplace, for that matter - can and very possibly will follow you just about forever. If there's a good reason you CAN be located.

If you want to vent, write it down, read it, tear it up.

Of course, it depends on what you want people to know about you 20 years down the road.

Jun 22, 2010, 07:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Whatever you post in a blog - or anyplace, for that matter - can and very possibly will follow you just about forever. If there's a good reason you CAN be located.

If you want to vent, write it down, read it, tear it up.

Of course, it depends on what you want people to know about you 20 years down the road.
    Well in 20 years, sure, everyone's going to know I like girls. Just, right now, it's on a I-trust-you-enough-to-tell-you basis.. I was thinking of creating a new email that no one knows about, and going my that, using a fake name.. Whatever I can to help to be anonymous.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 07:12 PM

First no 99 percent of people reading this has not read your other thread, in fact it is not a good idea to try and continue a thread into a new question, you need to address a totally separate question not refer back to other posts ( and if you have to, put a link to it)

In the end, be honest to who you are, You also need to remember that blogs will come back in years from now, and een effect future jobs and more

Jun 22, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    First no 99 percent of people reading this has not read your other thread, in fact it is not a good idea to try and continue a thread into a new question, you need to address a totally seperate question not refer back to other posts ( and if you have to, put a link to it)

In the end, be honest to who you are, You also need to remember that blogs will come back in years from now, and een effect future jobs and more
    Sorry, I'm new at this.
    I still don't understand how a blog can affect me later on. Can't I delete it when I see fit? And aren't they anonymous?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2010, 07:25 PM

Ip addresses can be tracked, you say enough personal info, someone figures it out.

So many web pages are being archived more and more.
    One I site I know of is Welcome to The Internet Archive Wayback Machine

I can tell you as a fact, some of my early internet pages are still there ( wish they were not) things are not as easy as just delete, you have no idea who copied and pasted, who reposted it on other pages, or if it was saved by some archiving group

Jun 22, 2010, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Ip addresses can be tracked, you say enough personal info, someone figures it out.

So many web pages are being archived more and more.
    One I site I know of is Welcome to The Internet Archive Wayback Machine

I can tell you as a fact, some of my early internet pages are still there ( wish they were not) things are not as easy as just delete, you have no idea who copied and pasted, who reposted it on other pages, or if it was saved by some archiving group

That does make sense.. But if I'm only worried about people I know finding it, then I'm pretty much in the clear right? Or if you're so strongly against this idea, do you have any other? I can't have anything physical. I've tried journals, diaries, you name it.. But it's easier to be typing. The main concern is just being able to keep it from my family. They're not computer savy so it shouldn't be that hard, but I still want the kind of feedback where some advice can be given.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2010, 05:59 AM

FrChuck is right - I do background investigations.

So TYPE it out, read it, burn it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2010, 06:18 AM

If you knew of all the posts here that have to be deleted because their privacy was compromised you would think twice about doing it. Especially if your user name is tied to your emails, that can be googled.

Even the most computer un-savvy parent can know someone who is, and be clued in, so if its something you don't want someone to know, the Internet is not the place for it.

Just as your friend looked through your PERSONNEL belongs, any stranger is privy to what you put on the net, and some are smart enough to add things together.

This is something people better get with, when they post photos, or personal info on a very public net.

Never underestimate a devious person, or unsavvy snooping parents like me who have enough sense to get into their kids computer.

Like Judy says, write it, and burn it.

On another note, you could update your other post.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2010, 09:38 PM
    Hi, star1317!

Please note the search below for something that you wrote on this site. It only took a short number of words searched for it to appear in a search. Also, please note how long it took until it appeared - Less than an hour after you posted it.

The same thing can happen many times when people post on blog sites or on other sites.

Thanks!

Name:  Made Out With Best Friend - Use.jpg
Views: 1249
Size:  86.7 KB
    reidsmomma Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2012, 08:30 AM
    If you really want to write a blog, try to write it from the third party perspective, kind of like a story, where you are the main character, let your creative juices flow. Your "story" could help other people, and that's always nice. Creative writing is very thereputic.
    hkuhn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 10:26 AM
    I agree with you, but also people like myself are very fed up and when I try to talk to someone about what is going on, I feel like they don't care how I feel. I feel like I am just talking until my face turns blue and the other person it goes out one ear and out the other I enjoy working around professinal people but when they begin to step all over me and think that they can use it their advantage and abuse the sitution, then it becomes a problem.

I am just letting people know that the drama they are causing and I mean anywhere in general is making me really sick emotionaly and mentaly. I person can only take so much from people and then it is like I am ready to break and my brain is on big time overload.

I ask people even if they don't care FIRST " how can you sleep good at night knowing that you have hurt someone feelings and financil life.

How can you go to work and see the same person that you hurt at work with others and feel comfterble working around that person. I am a single mom raising my two kids on next to nothing income. How can they live with themselves, well I can somewhat answer that question "THOSE PEOPLE
    Don't CARE".

I love working and I enjoy being in the hospital setting but PLEASE! don't hold me back or play games in the hospital setting. thier are alot of people that are really sick and if were in the shoe of the patient and were aware of that stupidity that was going on i would not want to ever step foot in that hospital.

To be honest, I do highly respect doctors, I think they are amazing men and women but some not all "some" need to be respectful of others feelings like myself and the nurses and other staff. Yes, I speak of the nurses even if they have been mean to me. I love intelligent men "yes" but not when they tell other staff to say things to me that has nothing to do with work geshhhh. This is too much for me.

Aug 24, 2012, 10:39 AM
    I am not perfect but don t hurt me because you are upset at me or are not getting personal with whome ever. I am not mean I am not a trouble maker, but I will not just sith here and take mess from people that I work with, I think not. Mentaly they have broken me, I cannot do this anymore my head is ready to explode because of so much drama. I hope that people begin to use their brains and think about how much harm they are causeing because of their personal feelings at work. I hope people begin to think for a change. I don t need anyone to judge me and to lable me as not being able to do things, I can function like a normal person. I don't need any accommodations I need for people to be professional and behave like adults instead of teens. I go to work for one reason, to do a good job for my employer and earn a paycheck. Not to find the man I would like to marry and to play high school games.

Aug 24, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Here is an example of someone taking advantage, I had some items to sell and I saw this guy that used to work on my house, I asked him if he was interested in buying my stuff and he told me yes, since I knew him I told him that he could take two of the items that I was selling and told him that he could make payments. I asked him before he left with my items when would he be able to come back to give me at least a small protion of the money, well he told me the next day he would do so. Well the next day came and he never showed up, I am very upset at him because if he needed more time to give me the money for my items he could at least come by my house and tell me that he needed more time. I would have been more then willing to do so. I am still willing to do so but wow not to nice. I think that he should just return my stuff in good condition that I gave to him in the frist place and return them if he does not want to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good idea o bad idea [ 3 Answers ]

I am going down to near my ex girlfriend lives in a few weeks. I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to tell her and see if she wants to hangout as friends or something. I haven't talked to her since we broke up in march, and things between us started so fast and then ended even quicker. Here...

Good or bad idea? [ 146 Answers ]

Threads merged I'll try to keep this as short as I possibly can, fill you in on my situation and what the problem is that I can't overcome that seems to be slowing down my recovery time from my broken heart. I'm not trying to make a self pity post, and I'm not trying to win her back... I am...

Is it a good idea or a bad idea. [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter is 5. and she has developed this habit of getting up in the mornings at 3am and getting into things in the fridge and cupboards for late night snacks. I have tried fridge locks and cupboard locks, but she is just too darn smart and figures them all out! My question is, would it be...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search