Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnno Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2005, 05:00 AM
    Advice please
    I saw my ex girlfriend (2 yr relationship) for the first time since we broke up (4 months ago) at a mates party the other night. I played it pretty cool and wasn't needy or anything. She seemed like she wanted to talk to me and I noticed her looking at me a few times when I was talking to another girl. At the end when she left she came and told me to call her, I said no, you call me if you want to speak to me. Apparently she got a bit ty and stormed out. Anyway, I didn't expect her to call but 2 days later she did and I told her I couldn't talk cause I was going to the movies with a mate (which I was) and I said I'll call you when it finishes and she said yeah whenever I want just to catch up. Basically, I still have feelings for her and I want her back but I don't know what I should do. Do you guys have some advice? Should I call her back, should I not? (we have been pretty much no contact for the 4 months)
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2005, 01:18 PM
    Don't call her, let her call you. When she does, you make plans to see her, if you want, at your conveinience. You're doing the exact right thing thus far. Don't blow it by building up unrealistic hopes or expectations concerning her. She is obviously not steady relationship, get-serious material. She's strictly have-fun-until-something-better-comes-along material. Get the picture?
    [email protected] Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2005, 01:57 PM
    Well... pick up the phone and call her right now 4 months it enough time to clam down and think about u two being together give her a call tell her how u feel and don't sound nasty :D
    [email protected] Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2005, 01:58 PM
    No no your all rong my friend she is tinking the same thing and then she thinks your not intrested and nuttin will happen ring her trust me
    johnno Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2005, 03:27 PM
    When she rang and I said I can't really talk right now, she said ring me later in the week or something and we can catch up. So chances are she just wants to see how I'm doing, and doesn't miss me. But I don't know that for sure do I?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 11, 2005, 04:22 PM
    Dear, get it over with... you are still wondering about her and would like to find out if she's still interested. So what's wrong with phoning her and asking why she wants to talk and that you thought it was over. Depending on her answer, you can go from there. At least this way you get the reassurance you need, good or bad, so that you can go on with your life. So what if it's not forever... nothing in life is 100 percent sure, and a phonecall can't kill you. Good Luck.
    clukkes Posts: 43, Reputation: 3

Oct 11, 2005, 07:09 PM
    I wouldn't even bother with it. You seemed like you were doing fine the last 4 months
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2005, 05:35 AM
    Call her?
    Hi,
    From the way you acted, you don't deserve her anymore. I would find some new friends, and with a little luck, you might find another girlfriend.
    When she asked you to call her, and you replied with No, you call me, shows you really don't care, or you have a lot to learn about relationships.
    I don't blame her one bit for being mad, and it probably reminded her of why you two broke up in the first place!
    If you want her back, you will have to make some fast changes in your attitudes, and learna to be much more respectful of her and others.
    "Macho-man" attitudes don't make lasting impressions.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Oct 12, 2005, 11:13 PM
    I agree with ^^^^. You don't like this girl man, if a girl that I liked gave me the green light to call, I would a day or two later. Did you call her back after the movie or blow her off? I think it is VERY important (with women) to do what you say you are going to do, or it pisses them off. Call her, and "catch up" what's to lose here?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 13, 2005, 08:34 AM
    Like I said before, stop wondering, playing games and going back and forth. Call her and ask her what she expects from you, get reassured, and if you don't intend on committing, tell her the truth so that both of you can go on with your lives. This game playing really makes me want to puke sometimes. Have you thought of how much time you have wasted? Not just your's but hers, and ours as well, instead of making a move and getting it over with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need advice... please [ 37 Answers ]

Me and my ex of 3 years broke up over a month ago. He said we were fighting too much and that if I would give it time everything would fall into place.well we still see each other and hang out and spend the night together,yet he hasn't mentioned anything about the relationship. Its like he's over...

Advice on Giving Advice [ 16 Answers ]

Hey all! I have a slight dilemna and I'd like it if you guys and gals can help me out. I have two friends who are in a relationship together, but things have become kind of rocky between them. The problem is that they are both my friends so they both confide in me and ask for advice. At present...

I need advice... [ 9 Answers ]

I want my ex boyfriend back... we went out for a year... we broke up... because so much was wrong... we were fighting heaps you know... Its taken me half a year to realise I still really love him... he said I mean more to him than anyone else... because we lost our virginity to each other... ...

I need advice [ 15 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I am 17 years old. There's this 15 year old girl that love soooo much.We known each other for 1 and a half years now. She is a shyish girl with few friends, who reads a lot.She plays with her hair sometimes(only around me I noticed). She found out that I liked her during winter break...

Advice [ 4 Answers ]

I'm currently enrolled at the University of Iowa as an accoutning student. In grad school I will be getting a joint law degree with a masters in accounting because I want to be a tax attorney. Any advice on what else I should do outside of my basic course of action?

View more questions Search