Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iamhere4u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 03:28 AM
    How Can I find Information on the person who owned my House
    I feel has if my house is haunted. My youngest cat is always crying up at the celing and her mother is always looking out in to our hall. We can never see anything however bot my neighbours and my brother hve all felt as if sombody had walked over our grave, thiis only happens when the person is sitting on the left hand side seat never the right.

Also have had my computer dialing up the internet on its own before I had broadband, and just last night the draw in the kitchen fell out. Plugs keep fusing themselves to the sockets, have had an electrician check out the power supply he said it was normal.

I am not normally freaked out however I was checking an old street directory and the person who live here was a coachman he lived in the house from 1902-1910. And the next person to live in the house was a bricklayer. How can I findout what happened to them and is my house really haunted?
    Helen Madden
    luvmy_3_angels Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2007, 06:05 AM
    I'm trying to figure out myself how to find the history of my home, but I live in an apartment, so it's a little different. Iheard that if you live in a house, then you can go to the courthouse and ask for tax records on your property. There you should get all of the names of previous owners from the tax records and then I was told you could go to the library and ook in the archives and public records. Don't be afraid to ask your librarian for help, I'm sure they here this stuff all of the time. After you get names of previous owners, check for death records. I know you can do that stuff on the internet, after paying for it of course, but I would prefer to actually see them on paper and just look myself.
    Lez Posts: 73, Reputation: 7

Apr 15, 2007, 06:40 AM
    Does your local library have the information?
    I only remember that mine has from back at school finding out history of building around my area. Who lived in them and such like.
    Do you also know of any circuls or spirit meetings that you can go to and ask advice.
    My mum is in a circul and I know that they have been out to a few houses to help find out reasons and to warn bad away.
    Sounds like who ever it is likes there own seat and likes to play little games with you but not in a bad way.
    CrazyDaisyLou Posts: 194, Reputation: 7

Apr 15, 2007, 09:44 AM
    http://americanhistory.si.edu/house/...houseguide.pdf

This web page has the information on it that confirms what the two above have said. You need to have adobe reader downloaded on your computer to view this page, though. I did have a page that said the same thing saved in my favorites once that didn't use adobe, but I couldn't find it through the search. Hope it helps you.:)

I also believe my house is haunted. The previous owners wife died of cancer six or seven years ago. I am a lot like her, from what I've heard from my neighbor, and I believe her spirit stayed in this world to make sure that her house is being taken care of the way she would like. Whenever I go to my room sometime after my parents do something that upsets me, I will hear a very loud knocking on either the walls in my bedroom or on my closet door, or coming from downstairs on the second floor. My room is the whole third floor, with two separate rooms, and my parents never come up there, and usually, if the knocking is on the wall, my cat will go flying out of the room and sit in the hallway and refuses to come back in my bedroom. I try to coax her to come back in, and she gives me this look that says, "ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?!?!" I don't want anyone to think I am being mean, but my parents are too lazy to go around banging on things. Seriously. All they do is sit there and watch TV 24/7.

One day I heard this extremely LOUD banging coming from the second floor. My cat went berserk, looked at me like she was scared out of her wits. I went downstairs and asked my parents what they heck they were doing. They gave me this look like I was strange and said "Watching T.V." I said, "Well, then, what was that banging?" They never heard any banging, think I'm wacko. And I would too, except my cat went nuts when it happened.:eek:
    Madyson Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2008, 10:03 PM

Go to your court house they usually keep records or look your address up on the net

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find out if my house is haunted? [ 6 Answers ]

I am doing a research project on my house; being that ghosts live there. I'm certain. But I need background information and I'm having trouble finding the information that I need to finish the topic. I want to know if anybody died in the house who built it and stuff like that.

Need to find one person who is celebrity. [ 4 Answers ]

Who has any idea how to find one person who is.. celebrity? He's unfortunate. And I love him. I know, I understand what a silly I am, but.. if you have any idea, please just say it.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to find this person? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for ancestors of this person. She went by Eleonore Schlund born 04-03-1939. Not sure of the year of birth. She had a child male born 1954-55 and a female born 05-17-1956. The daughter was adopted and moved to the United States at birth or shortly afterwards. She was given to DeForest...

Trying to find out information on a house. [ 5 Answers ]

There is an abandoned house on a dead end road near where I live. The city has no record of it's address and I've only been able to find a address thought the eletric compony, there is no mail box and the numbers on the street don't match up. Where can I find info about a house that doesn't...

View more questions Search