Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sckattis123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Not cooling from squirrel cage blower
    Hi... my central air system does not seems to work. We cannot received any cool air at all! We have done everything. Please note the following:

- we removed heat exchanger and cleaned thoroughly with special chemical which removed a lot of grease and dirt
    - the cold water going in the coil is cold enough
    - there is no temperature difference between the inlet and outlet line for the coil
    Water
    - neither inlet nor the outlet ducting is damaged
    - return is designed with the roof space that should act as a vacuum
    - cannot feel much air when hand is placed against the diffuser (inlet vents)
    Inside building
    - when door near to squirrel cage motor is opened an increase in airflowed is
    Noted in building
    - motor seems to spin at proper freqeuncy

I would love some help and suggestions.

Thanks!
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2013, 02:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    - when door near to squirrel cage motor is opened an increase in airflowed is
    noted in building
    That makes me think you have a problem with the intake, maybe it's blocked or a dirty filter? Hang tight an expert should be along shortly. Good luck
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2013, 07:18 AM
    You have a cold water air conditioner in your house or is this a commercial building ? Cooling tower? Air flow may increase when front cover is removed, but only slightly. Please describe your system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squirrel cage noise [ 0 Answers ]

There was a slight rattle coming from my furnace fan. I opened up the intake grate, saw some screws gilding the fan to the bottom of the cage, and proceeded to tighten them. Now there is a new noise that sounds like some is off kilter or out of alignment - like a low far off helicopter noise. I...

Oil furnace blower motor squirrel cage [ 3 Answers ]

I need to replace my furnace blower motor squirrel cage. This is the mechanism that moves air throughout my house for air conditioning or heat. My current squirrel cage is currently out of balance & needs to be replaced. I think my blower motor turns counter clockwise. There is a difference...

Blower motor and squirrel cage making noise [ 0 Answers ]

Do I need to balance the squirrel cage fan? If so how do I do that?

Why would my blower fan (squirrell cage) run slow on the heating and cooling cycle? [ 1 Answers ]

Why would my blower fan (squirrel cage) run slow on the heating and cooling cycle? I can spin it by hand and it will slowly start but not get up up full speed.

View more questions Search