Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peanut99 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 12:44 PM
    7 days late period, unprotected sex, light period but 2 negative pregnancy tests
    STRESSED! The first day of my last period was May 13th, 2009. My ex & I had unprotected sex on May 31st, 2009 (we did the pull out method 2 times). I was supposed to get my period around May 8th or 9th & didn't get it until May 16th & it was noticeably lighter & ended on May 17th. I took a digital pregnancy test right before I got my period & it was negative but my gf said that the digital tests for higher levels of the pregnancy hormone so i took another one on the 19th & it also came back negative. I am somewhat nauseated & really fatigued. Could it be possible that I am pregnant????????? so confused!!!!!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 01:21 PM

Sometimes stress will make your period late. I'm not a Dr. but a few times in my life, I've had my period more than two weeks late. My Dr. won't even let us come in until 21 days past the period due date because it happens that often. You can see if your Dr. will do a test in the office. Blood tests are often more reliable. Good luck!
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 01:52 PM

Stress can definitely be the culprit here.

How old are you. If you are under 18, irregular periods are definitely possible.

Jun 23, 2009, 04:37 PM
    No, I'm 26 years old... have been off BC for 2 years but only because I broke up w/ my boyfriend & haven't been sexually active... My period is like clock-work & comes every few days after a girl I work w/ at the hospital. Didn't start stressing until she mentioned something about if I had gotten it yet... which was about 5 days after I had missed it. But then 3 days later I got it & then w/in 2 days it was done. I normally go 5 days w/ at least 3 changing a super tampon every 4 hours... this is why I'm confused. Am I testing too early? I called my doctor & scheduled an appointment to take blood on the 30th of this month. Either way, I need to get back on BC, AND figure out why this period was like this? I am just so darn tired & fatigued lately. I normally am active & I literally just got up from a 2 hour nap! THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INPUT!! Do you still think I could be PREGNANT??
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 04:44 PM

I would say definitely take another test in a week or 2 and if its still negative, go to the doctor on the 30th. Good luck hon. And congratulations if you are and if its wanted.

Jun 23, 2009, 05:04 PM

Well I don't know if you are ever ready? But someone recently told me that 10 times out of 10, it'll be the best thing that has ever happened to you... so, it isn't the best timing & I'm not married, but if God wants this to happen then I'm sure it'll be positive on the 30th & if not then I will start on BC :) But, honestly & from my heart, Thank you for responding... I'm new on hear & took a chance that someone would answer & really appreciate your responses!

Jun 24, 2009, 09:38 AM

I tested again this morning because I wanted to see if the "first morning urine" would be stronger but the HPT showed only 1 line - so I'm not pregnant. Why am I so tired?? I took a 2 HOUR nap yesterday & I'm normally active until bedtime - I just have this feeling like I am... it's weird! Or maybe I'm crazy?? :) Is it possible that I wouldn' t test positive after 3 weeks?

Jul 5, 2009, 11:24 AM

Well... I went to the doctor this past TUES & tested NEG blood test - but still nauseated/really tired all the time?? Could my hormones just be that off?? The doctor gave me some medicine to send me into my period but I declined to take it - I think I'm just going to wait until I get it which should now be anytime around July 13th/14th - This is so bizarre since previous to having unprotected sex I was soooooooo regular (the past 2 yrs have been like clock-work)...
    Tracy1017 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2009, 03:01 AM
    Your doctor could be wrong. I was 5 weeks pregnant, never got a positive test but I had all the symptoms. I started bleeding profusely one night so I rushed to a hospital. They did a urine and a blood test both negative. They told me to go home, I was just getting a late period. The bleeding lasted for about two days and cramping was like nothing I've ever felt. When the bleeding stopped I saw something disgusting on my pad. I was horrified, it was like a big clump of pink flesh. I told my Obgyn and he told me that the tests we have these days are almost 100 percent and that I was wrong. He told me I had clymidia even though I had been with the same partner for a year. He tested me for clymidia and that was negative. I was definitely pregnant but never even had a positive test of any kind.
    starlitnit Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2009, 05:54 AM

Well you could be pregnant and you may not be. Nurses will tell you that even a light period is a period. You could also have tested to early. Try testing first thing in the morning. If you are still having doubts go to your local hospital for a blood test, which is almost 100% effective

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Very late period negative pregnancy tests [ 13 Answers ]

It has been 48 days since my last period(28 day cycle). I have taken numerous hpt's and had a blood test done at the hospital Sunday night that came back negative that night as well:( . I have had some nausea with this. I am not stressed out at all. I am 30 years old. How many women out there have...

18 days late with period.Negative Pregnancy tests! [ 6 Answers ]

I was suppose to start my period on December 16th. I have never had irregular periods or even started late. My cycle is exactly 30 days. I did have unprotected sex several times during the end of November and all throughout December. I haven't had to many common pregnancy symptoms. Although I have...

Period 1 1/2 months late and 4 negative pregnancy tests [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all. My last period was April 20th, it is now June 15th and I have not seen my period yet! Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on may 8th. I took a plan be pill and took 4 pregnancy tests since we had unprotected sex on may 8th. I've had the symptoms of a period but it never showed. I...

Period is 8 days late and negative pregnancy home tests [ 1 Answers ]

Okay umm well I'm like 16 turning 17 years old and like, I'm having this problem.. My period was due around the 20-22 of November and it is now the 28th of November and I'm worried because it's late. Recently round 2-3 weeks ago I had sex with my boyfriend but we didn't use any Protection and I'm...

Period 15 days late but negative tests [ 2 Answers ]

My period is now 15 days late & I've taken 5 pregnancy tests, all are negative but I have symptoms of pregnancy, for eg: exhaustion, nausea, lightheadedness, backache, cramps. Could I be pregnant? In 15 years, I have never missed a period or been more than 2 days late

View more questions Search