Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RH Consultant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 04:53 PM
    Carrier Natural Gas Furnace main gas valve will not open every call for heat
    We have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Natural Gas Furnace not functioning properly. We have replaced pressure switch, hot surface ignitor, flame sensor and control board. It will cycle 3 to 4 times and then not come back on. Is it possibly a bad coil on gas valve?:rolleyes:
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Are you familiar with the normal operating sequence? If you observe that the inducer is running and the ignitor is glowing, but ignition does not occur, the gas control is a possibility. Do you notice any "clicking" coming from the gas control? Weathermaker 8000 is just a model name - can you locate and post the actual, complete model # ? You will find it on a label inside the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace gas valve won't open [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, My carrier furnace is on the fritz. I am receiving a 34 code which states"ignition proving failure" The blower fan starts and the hot surface ignitor lights but no gas flows. I replaced the ignitor with a new one-no help. The flame sensor is clean.When I check voltage at the gas valve...

Main burners on my carrier furnace not lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier natural gas furnace, model no. 58es080-30. The pilot light ignites, then you can hear a clicking noise, after about 15-20 seconds the blower fan starts up but the main burners are not lit. The furnace has acted like it's been having trouble igniting in the past few weeks, seems...

Hard to open and close main water shut-off valve [ 1 Answers ]

I and my wife live in a very cold region. Most of the time I am out of town on project work, my wife also may have to leave for 2-3 days leaving our home unoccupied. Here is the problem, people advised us to close the main water shut-off valve before my wife leaves the house to prevent pipe...

View more questions Search