Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chayon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2009, 05:55 PM
    Forced defrost on Samsung refrigerator
    I have one of the problem side by side Samsung refrigerators. Once a week I have to defrost the coils to get the frig side to cool again. Other post on the internet say this is very typical and no seems to be having any luck with a permanent fix.
    Anyone now how to force the frig into defrost mode?
    davetrouble Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2009, 06:02 AM

chayon,

I am having the same problem with my kenmore. I was able to get it to do a forced defrost. I couldn't find the defrost timer no matter how hard I looked. Then I concluded it must be built into the icemaker since I heard some of the kenmores were like that. I had already checked for the schematic of the unit somewhere on the unit but could not find one. The users manual was no help. Then I remember one of the posts saying to look behind the kickplate at bottom front. I had already looked there but then I had this memory that there was something down there that I didn't realize what it was. I put my hand in and felt a plastic sleeve holding a paper document. It was the service instructions and included how to enter forced defrost. On this unit it was open frig door, depress light switch, click refrigerator contol down 3 times, etc. It was a special control sequence you could never guess. I did it and it worked. Now I don't have to do the manual hot water pot deforst anymore but I still don't know if using the forced defrost will reset the defrost cycle. This unit has an adaptive defrost cycle controlled by something called the jazz pcb. The timer wasn't in the ice maker after all and it seems to be an electronic timer on the jazz pcb.

Good luck with yours!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to do forced defrost on Maytag fridge/freezer [ 3 Answers ]

I have maytag rsd2200eam side by side fridge. Fridge side had been getting warmer over a week now.. I cked airflow vents were free of ice.. Cleaned out fridge and freezer found ice on lower back wall of freezer and the evaporator coils frozen pretty solid.. But while emptying freezer I did find a...

Refrigerator defrost timer [ 1 Answers ]

My whirlpool refrigerator has a faulty timer # 850608. However this timer has a green wire connected to its side. The replacement timer that I was given (#482493) has no place to connect this green wire . What should I do ?

Ice build-up in an auto defrost Refrigerator [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, I have an auto defrost Kenmore Refrigerator for 3 years, and since last month a layer of ice has been formed on the bottom of the freezer section (the top part of the Refrigerator). What is the most likely cause of the problem? The model number is: 501-64022. Thank you very much for your...

How efficient is it to convert gas forced air to electric forced air? [ 1 Answers ]

I am afraid of a gas furnace, for fear of an explosion. I have had this fear since I was a little boy. Hence, I simply must have an electric heating system. However, the area in the MidWest where I have been considering has almost no electric homes, mostly because of the high electric rates...

View more questions Search