1 teaspoon sugar
    2 large eggs
    1 cup dried fruit - not citron
    Baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    Lemon juice - from fresh lemon
    Brown sugar
    Nuts - mixed or your preference

Before you start, sample the rum to check quality. Good, isn't it? Now go ahead, select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again. Just to be sure the rum is of the HIGHEST quality, pour one level cup of rum into a glass and drink it as fast as you can. Repeat.

With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add i seaspoon of thugar and beat again. Meanwhile, making sure that the rum ish truly one of the finest quality, pour one hiccup of rum into a glass and drink it as fasssh as you can. You might need to try another cup. Open a second quart of rum if needed.

Add 2 arge leggs, 2 cups fried druit and beat till high. If druit gets schtuk in beaters, just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the rum again. Sift 1/2 pint of lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add one babblespoon of brown thugar or whatever color you can find. Wix mell. Grease oven and turn cake pan to 350 gedrees. Pore the hole mess into the boven and cake.

Check the rum again and bo to ged.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 02:36 PM
    I tried that receipt last week and burned my house down as I had put the rum bottle in the oven and not the cake pan. Or should I have put the cake pan in the oven and not the rum bottle? Will this determine if the cake rises or not?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2008, 03:32 PM
    LOL. Ummm... try a bit more baking soda. Good retort, twinkiedooter. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grandma's Rights [ 4 Answers ]

I'm hoping I can get some good advice from some of you out there. Here goes.... My 21 year old son has been living with his girlfriend (we'll call "Julie") for 2 ½ years now. In Oct., 2004 they had a little girl named Alannah. Things have been really "Rocky" with them since they moved in...

What are grandma's rights to visitations (I live in CA) [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is in jail now in California. We have raised her daughter (my granddaughter) for almost two years of her life. My daughter and son-in-law are separating after four months of marriage. Tomorrow he wants to take granddaughter as "next custody in line." What are my visitation rights as a...

My 4yr old son sleeps in grandma's bed during sleepovers [ 3 Answers ]

I need help. My 4yr old has a incredibly close relationship with his grandma(my mother-in-law). He goes over there every weekend and spends the night. He sleeps in the same bed with her. I think he is much too old to be doing this and I never really liked the idea when he was younger but I was so...

Cake [ 4 Answers ]

How do you make homemade cake not from a box?

View more questions Search