Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbhoward Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Mixing valve tub/shower with no cold water
    I'm flummoxed with a Delta, mid-1990's mixing valve.
    The valve has shut-off's via screw and locknut on cold and hot inlets, and I have good pressure there at both hot and cold side.

But an inch-or-so away, at the main body holding the cartridge (I don't know the terminology, sorry), no cold water at all - zero. Hot is fine.

Between the shut-off screw and the cartridge area there is a cylinder-shaped area, perpendicular to water flow, on cold side only. I can't find any "user-serviceable" part, a screw, nut, rotating device, anything.

I need help from a pro,

Thanks!

Marty
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 08:51 AM
    Sounds like a balancing spool. It has probably failed. Now to figure out how to remove it. Kissler & Co., Inc. : For all of your plumbing repair parts needs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Supporting shower mixing valve when using PEX [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone provide a few tips for how you support a shower mixing valve in the wall when you've used PEX? On previous showers that I've put in, the copper pipes strapped to a block in the wall was more than enough. This time I can't quite seem to find a decent way to do this. Thanks.

Hot cold valve on shower [ 1 Answers ]

When I take a shower I can't change the temp on the shower. It doesn't grab something inside to make it hot or cold.

Water Circulates Through Mixing Valve [ 2 Answers ]

I've installed a Kohler Thermostatic Mixing Valve with Volume Control (K-404) in my shower construction project and just noticed that the hot water is circulating up through the valve and then back down the cold pipe! Yikes- this puts water from the hot water heater into the drinking water and...

Hot and cold water mixing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I have a problem with hot and cold water mixing or so I've been told by a few plumbers. One said to replace all the shower and sink faucets as they were old and that would be the easiest place to start. We've replaced all but one shower faucet. The other two that we replaced now don't have...

View more questions Search