Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ispyspeed Posts: 13, Reputation: 7

Apr 21, 2010, 03:01 PM
    When your love one breaks up with you by removing relationship status in Facebook.
    Hi, I am curious and would like some input from the public when your love one breaks up with you by removing their relationship status with you in facebook.com without a word. No closure, no explanation, there were no heavy dramas before the incident. (Note: You have not done anything sorry to provoke the other party to execute this act.)

1. Would you call to confront or just walk away?
    2. Would you try to get that person back even if you have strong feelings?
    3. What is your perception towards this act and that person?
    4. If you think that breaking this way is the same as a normal breakup, explain your support.

Additional info:
    I've came across an article where a woman remove her relationship status via Facebook, she got killed by her man later on.

Thanks in advance for any of your input.

Off line contact edited out
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 03:32 PM

Call her/him up and ask "what's up" and go on from there.

You really don't know unless you ask the person.
    I think breaking up that way is pretty tacky and immature and I would not have anything else to do with said person.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 03:36 PM

I agree with Homegirl.. Find out!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 09:54 PM

Ask him what's up?
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 10:01 PM

First of all.. If he broke up with you by simply removing the "relationship" status from his profile.. then what a jerk off he is!

Confront him. It could have been a mistake. It could have been a prank by a friend who hacked his acct. It could be serious... Who knows? The only way you will know, is if you ask him. If he refuses to talk to you, avoids you at all cost... then it's the inevitable.

I wish you luck! I really do only hope it was a lame prank. :(

Apr 21, 2010, 10:09 PM

It's been already 2 months plus. That person has not said a word about anything despite a letter sent and an email sent.

Oh, and I forgot to add. This person also removed the relationship status 3 days before my final exam in uni.
    Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 10:11 PM

You don't have a love, that loves you. Haven't had one for a few months. Can't believe you haven't said something to him about it.

Apr 21, 2010, 10:21 PM

It's not a he but a she.
    I haven't really talked to anybody about it, but my father knew about it and reckon I did the right thing by not calling to find out. One close friend came to know about it, he got shock, he got so mad how I was treated. I've asked this question from one of the mens forum. Some claimed she might be a narcissist. Is narcissist that cruel? Been in a relationship with this woman for a good 2 years. Everything was involved. From dining, to sex, to meeting both sides of the family. Even talked about marriage.
    Expert

Apr 21, 2010, 10:25 PM

So what happened?
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 10:41 PM

So you emailed and snailmailed and got no replies to either?

Im sorry but unless you actually talk to her,one can only speculate about why she did this.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 10:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicon View Post
    So you emailed and snailmailed and got no replies to either?

Im sorry but unless you actually talk to her,one can only speculate about why she did this.
    Do you think she's met another man? Write her off.:(
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 10:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ispyspeed View Post
    It's not a he but a she.
    How horrible.. Everyone is assuming this is a dude! :o

I still think if the person won't even give you an explination, then this has been planned for awhile.

If I were you, I'd just keep moving forward in life. Someone who doesn't even have the decency to tell you why or if something was wrong has no need to be with you in the first place.

I'm sorry your relationship ended this way.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post

I still think if the person wont even give you an explination, then this has been planned for awhile.

If I were you, I'd just keep moving forward in life. Someone who doesnt even have the decency to tell you why or if something was wrong has no need to be with you in the first place.

Do you think the op is a girl? Sorry I just ssumed:confused:

Apr 21, 2010, 11:07 PM

It's quite complicated to write it down in words. Well, here is the scenario we had 1 week before the incident, I've made it into a video.
    [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhX9epOwi2c
    [/link]

A week later, she seemed distant. One night I called her but couldn't get her. Wanted to catch up with her because she had a short trip to another state and she just got back. She then returned my call saying she's driving and she's going out with her group of political friends. She said she'll call when she get back by midnight. I waited and didn't receive her call. So, I called, and she didn't pick up. I didn't call the second time. I thought I'd just call the next day to find out.

Next day called, asked her why she didn't call or pick up. She said she only got home by 2am. Said she didn't want to bother me sleeping when she knows I usually sleep late.

I asked her "where" she went exactly and calmly, she flared, shouted "I told you i went out with my political group of friends. I'm am not going to deal with your rubbish."

Hours later, I realize she removed her relationship status with me in face book 3 days before my final exam in Uni.

I didn't want to confront her anymore because I felt I'm always walking on egg shells.

Wrote a letter, wrote an email to make peace.

Haven't heard from her since then, its been 2 months+

So what are you guys input on this?
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 11:09 PM

... She cheated on you.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ispyspeed View Post
    It's quite complicated to write it down in words. Well, here is the scenario we had 1 week before the incident, i've made it into a video.
    [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhX9epOwi2c
    [/link]

A week later, she seemed distant. One night i called her but couldn't get her. Wanted to catch up with her because she had a short trip to another state and she just got back. She then returned my call saying she's driving and she's going out with her group of political friends. She said she'll call when she get back by midnight. I waited and didn't receive her call. So, i called, and she didn't pick up. I didn't call the second time. I thought i'd just call the next day to find out.

Next day called, asked her why she didn't call or pick up. She said she only got home by 2am. Said she didn't want to bother me sleeping when she knows i usually sleep late.

I asked her "where" she went exactly and calmly, she flared, shouted "I told you i went out with my political group of friends. I'm am not going to deal with your rubbish."

Hours later, i realize she removed her relationship status with me in face book 3 days before my final exam in Uni.

I didn't want to confront her anymore because i felt i'm always walking on egg shells.

Wrote a letter, wrote an email to make peace.

Haven't heard from her since then, its been 2 months+

So what are you guys input on this?
    Get on with your life... she's rude and insensitive and I think you are way too good for her.:)
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 11:15 PM

It seems that,for some reason,her feelings changed and she was too much of a coward to breakup with you in a decent adult manner.

I would ignore her,heal from the breakup and start moving on.

Apr 21, 2010, 11:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky098 View Post

I still think if the person wont even give you an explination, then this has been planned for awhile.

If I were you, I'd just keep moving forward in life. Someone who doesnt even have the decency to tell you why or if something was wrong has no need to be with you in the first place.

Thanks for the response guys. I really appreciate it and felt heard. I sometimes feel confident with myself though at times, I do feel like I'm the crazy one. Other people told me not to bother getting closure from this girl because she's harmful. But I've read a lot of good articles out there that advice people who have just broke up should get closure because it is only healthy and helps with the healing properly.
    Anyone agrees with it or as oppose to it? Need some support on this.
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2010, 11:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicon View Post
    It seems that,for some reason,her feelings changed and she was too much of a coward to breakup with you in a decent adult manner.

I would ignore her,heal from the breakup and start moving on.
    That's exactly right!
    Ultra Member

Apr 21, 2010, 11:21 PM

I think in most cases, yes. But most cases show a lot of problems prior to the break up. Even if they're not plain and day obvious, once you sit down and think about it, the problems pop up.

I think the way this girl dumped you was very rude. I think it would just open a can of worms that you might not want to open.

Its really up to you though. Do you feel as if you need to know why she broke up with you? Or do you think you'd do OK not knowing?

Its all in how you can cope with things. If its going to eat you alive, then try and contact her. But since you've already attempted to twice with no response I think you're just going to waste your time dwelling on the selfish, immature act she did.

Your choice... Drag this out.. or let it die.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do breaks in a relationship work [ 10 Answers ]

I have been reading many different sites and asking different people and searching for an answer. DO breaks actually work? I've been going out with a guy for almost 2 years and we broke up the past month and we decided to go on a break. I personally didn't want to go on a break but my boyfreind...

My first serious relationship breaks up. Should I beg him back? [ 30 Answers ]

Hi guys! My boyfriend broke up with me a couple of days ago after a two yr relationship. The night before he broke up with me I found out that he was texting another girl because some how he sent me the text that was suppose to be for her and when I read it I was like what!! And...

When an Ex comes back and the Relationship Breaks up Again [ 11 Answers ]

Why does it hurt the second time around when the ex comes back and the relationship breaks up again? Shouldn't it hurt less this time around?

When do people usually call for breaks in their relationship? [ 5 Answers ]

When do people usually call for breaks in their relationships?

View more questions Search