Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevinpineville Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Antique silver tea spoon sevvice set
    I need to know when and where this was made I know it was made in england but not the maker or town the markings on the back are E.P.N.S. made england and in the shield it has RAENO I'm not sure what this means can anyone help me please also if anyone knows what it my be worth that would be helpful also thank you so much... kevin
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 05:04 PM

Do you have a pic ?
    Gabz Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2009, 12:36 PM

Hi Kevin, RAENO is the company who produced the spoon set. The actual registered company name was 'The Raeno Silver Plate Co Ltd'.

They produced their items in the first half of the 20th Century

Sometimes you will also see the mark for them printed as 'R.S.P&Co'.
    Gabz Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2009, 12:38 PM
    Sorry I don't know their value. Sometimes you can go to your local library and borrow The Carters Antique Guides. They are very informative on values etc.

Otherwise the collectors on the Ebay Antiques forum are very helpful on providing ideas on values.
    bloggs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2009, 02:10 PM
    EPNS stands for electroplated nickel silver

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique Lawnmore ID [ 3 Answers ]

I need someone to see if they can ID this lawnmower for me, or tell me a website that ID's antique lawn mowers. I know NOTHING about it, and would like to find out more. Thank you for all of your help. http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo93/v103976/mower1_2.jpg ...

Dollar silver certificate, silver coins [ 9 Answers ]

Can any one tell me to possible value of the following $5 silver certificate 1953 A * 26405592 A $5 silver certificate 1953 A E 32214086 A $2 United States Note 1963 red seal $2 Federal Reserve Note 1976 green seal $1 silver certificate 1957 blue seal $1 silver certificate 1957 A blue seal...

Antique silver tea set [ 5 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a silver tea set from an estate sale for my mother as a birthday gift. I am having and extremely hard time finding out about the silversmith mark on the pieces. I do not have any pictures as yet, but would like to see if anyone else might know, or have an idea, as to how...

When should toddler be using spoon/fork [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I was just wanting some advice on this subject, Currently I am still feeding my son with a spoon myself and letting him feed himself with his fingers food that can be eaten that way. My mom said I need to start letting him feed himself with a spoon, that he should be attempting it right now. ...

View more questions Search