Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rume Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2006, 06:45 PM
    Kegel I cant do them
    When I go to PT I do a lot of stretching for my leg and back. I have discovered I can hardly do kegel ones and this seems to be the hardest thing for me to try and do.Is this the cause of back injury? I often see different people when I go so far feels like I'm not getting anywhere with this therapy. Sometimes they make me feel like nothing is wrong with me. My back and legs muscles stay in knots or as they say in PT I have trigger spots. I have pains in my leg that have started to go away, but this back pain is horrible, I just want a massage when I get there not more stretching. Can these therapist tell me what they think is wrong with me? Is that allowed? How long will this therapy last before they give up?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2006, 06:59 AM
    I can only really answer the question about the kegels. The best way to practice this is when you are going to the bathroom. Try to stop and start the flow of urine by squeezing your muscles.

This takes practice, but with practice becomes quite easy.
    rume Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2006, 11:54 AM
    These kegels that are done in PT are called home core ones they involve a 3 step process and feel impossible to do after the 3rd try. 1 step contracting pelvic floor 2nd maintain that and then draw in and up abdomen 3rd while maintaining both of those then swell your back muscles together. Then try to move your leg with attempt to hold all three contractions at same time. IMPOSSIBLE for me to do Ive been trying this for more then a few weeks.
    Netts10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 11:11 PM
    The previous method is an excellent way. Another easy way is to breathe out as you're trying to activate the muscles. It triggers a natural physiologic mechanism of recruiting your pelvic musculature in conjunction with your respiratory muscles. Not all people are created equal and it a different method... Hope that works and don't give up ASK MANY Questions, It's your therapy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search