Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    finncabena112 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 12:52 AM
    I experience vibrations on my steering wheel, should I visit the vulcanizing shop?
    I had a minor accident last week and I think my car has some problem on its wheel as I experience some vibrations on my steering wheel at certain speeds. Should I visit the nearest tire or vulcanizing shop? Btw I am living in Sydney.
    forksandspoons Posts: 44, Reputation: -3

Apr 20, 2012, 12:55 AM
    What kind of car is it? If it is say, a honda, then it is probably normal. If I is say, a mercedes then you may have a problem.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Apr 20, 2012, 11:10 AM
    I'd visit a tire shop and have the wheels inspected for damage. It is likely that one of them got bent during the incident and needs addressed.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2012, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by forksandspoons View Post
    What kind of car is it? If it is say, a honda, then it is probably normal. If i is say, a mercedes then you may have a problem.

I'm an accident investigator - vibration after an accident when there was no vibration prior to the accident is not normal in ANY make vehicle.

I agree with the expert - have it checked out.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 21, 2012, 08:06 AM
    Yes, take your car in and check it out. It could be something simple if you're lucky.

For example, if the vibration is felt in the steering wheel only when you apply the brakes, it could be as simple as a slightly warped brake rotor.

Really, to be safe, you need to have it checked out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Steering wheel shake [ 4 Answers ]

Hi: I've got an 07 Ford Taurus which was a rental return. Ever since I got it it's had a shake in the steering wheel at about 60mph (goes away at about 70 or above or below 50). It's been in to the dealer (when under warranty) and they couldn't find anything wrong. I also had it to another place...

Steering Wheel Shakes [ 5 Answers ]

My steering wheel shakes considerably when braking at speeds higher than 60 MPH. Braking at speeds less than that is fine. When it does begin to shake, it will quit at around 45 MPH. It may be by coincidence, but it started shortly after I had after market wheels installed(got rid of the...

Steering wheel won't turn [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Ford Focus. My ignition lock wouldn't turn, thus not allowing my steering wheel to turn. I drilled out the ignition lock cylinder and the steering wheel was able to be turned. Now, the ignition cylinder is still out of the vehicle and the steering wheel is still locked. I'm not...

1994 Honda Civic Coupe, very steering wheel and vibrations throughout car [ 2 Answers ]

My car recently started to shake about two weeks ago. At first it was not that bad, but has gotten progressively worse. When I say shake, I mean the steering wheel rotates back and forth about an eighth of a turn. There also are vibrations which can be felt and heard throughout the car. During...

Tilt-wheel steering wheel problem [ 1 Answers ]

On my 1998 Buick Park Ave the tilt-wheel will no longer change positions. A couple of days ago I got in the car, adjusted the steering wheel and heard something Pop. Since then, the steering wheel will only stay in that position. Does anyone know how I might go about fixing this problem? ...

View more questions Search