Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    limitstogrowth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 02:12 PM
    Bell Canada Arrogance
    I had a Bell Mobility account from 2001 until October 2002. I closed the account when I moved over to Rogers. I am learning now that there was a balance of 115.88 on the account in October 2002. For some strange reason (I think Bell was changing billing systems) they stopped sending me statements (I think they stopped Nov 2002).

A couple of months ago I started to get calls from CBL collection agency asking me to pay this bill. Naturally I told them that I had no recollection. I talked to Bell who had to go to the archives to get the old statements. They originally wanted to charge me for this service. So I guess I probably owe this money but my records don't go back that far.

Judging by other answers it appears that they are beyond the statue of limitations so I could tell them to sue me (Is this correct). If I do this, how do I prevent this showing up on a credit rating. The money is not the real issue here but I get tired of this type of arrogance. I have tried escalating this up the ladder but I get nowhere.

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Statue of limitation and the number of years it may appear on your credit report are two different things, one just means they can not use the courts to sue you for the debt, it does not mean you don't legally owe them, it just means they can't sue you. So while you may not have to pay it, it may show up on your credit report for the allowed years.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Where did this all happen?

If in Ontario, you are NOT beyond the SOL.

The SOL in Ontario for all debt that occurred BEFORE Jan 1/04 is 6 years.

In Ontario, the SOL on all debt occurring on or after Jan 1/04 is 2 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bell Trap [ 9 Answers ]

Can someone explain what a bell trap is? I have in my older home what I think are metal bell traps. Grate has a bell shaped cup that goes over drain. Is the theory that a small amount of water lays in the drain sealing the bell to drain and sewer smell out, but still allows water to drain off the...

Saved By The Bell Trivia? [ 9 Answers ]

Haven't seen the show in ages but still remember episodes like yesterday. O.K. on with the trivia. 1. What actress played Schreeche's girlfriend Violet? 2. What was the name of the high school they all went to? 3. What was the Song Jessie Spanno sang in her room while she was addicted to...

Bell Trap [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, First time question asker! I have a rental property and the renters have been complaining about sewer smell in the basement when the shower is running. I had a plumber replace the cast iron drain pipe from the second floor bathroom to the basement floor (the entire stack). Across...

Door Bell Ringer [ 5 Answers ]

I move to this House, and the door bell sound more like a alarm than a door bell( is extremely loud and irritating). The ringer brand is bticino (model 382321 made in Italy). I been looking to change this one to a more easy to listen chime or bell. But everything I found is an external bell box....

Bush mistakes arrogance [ 2 Answers ]

There should be amply information on this request. Thanks

View more questions Search