Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roccon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 10:09 AM
    Life Experience Degree Program
    Could anyone that has any information about Glendale University and the life experience degree programs it offers Please tell me about it. They state that they are accredited by the National Distance Learning Accreditation Council (N.D.L.A.C.). Any information would be greatly appreciated on the University and Accreditation. Thanks Roccon
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 28, 2006, 10:41 AM
    Please have a look at This thread concerning Glendale Uni and how good their "courses" are.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 28, 2006, 05:47 PM
    Not worth the paper they are written on.

They are not accrediated by any of the Regional Accreditation agencies.
    There are 100's of self make up accreditation companies.

And you are not going to get a real degree from life experenses, you will have to study, take classes and take tests. You can get real degrees online but you have to work for them
    pretty lady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2006, 10:48 PM
    Here are several links you can go to find the list of all the colleges and universities which are listed as being non-credited.

Link to list of schools taken to court by State of Hawaii: Department of Commerce & Consumer Affairs - Civil Enforcement Lawsuits

State of California: Welcome to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education's Home Page
    State of Washington: Higher Education Coordinating Board
    State of Idaho: contact Marilyn Davis, 208-332-1563
    State of Nevada: contact David Perlman at: [email protected]

State of Michigan list of unacceptable degree suppliers: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/No...ls_78090_7.pdf
    State of Maine list of unaccredited suppliers: http://mainegov-images.informe.org/e...ols-042706.pdf

Look at the terms and conditions for Glendale University, #13. Which clearly states that Glendale is not a regional accredited university. I also checked under the Better Business Bureau and nothing is coming up for Glendale University. There was also a Glenford University and I this name also, nothing for them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2006, 04:37 PM
    What are you trying to study, what do you want to do with your degree ?

If you want it for any professional carrerr or certification,

A life experince degree at least in the business world that I am in, and in many areas have little value, since there is no learned knowledge that comes from study. The fact that an transcript is made to show class knowledge without any testing is a worry for me.

Now if you want one to feel better about yourself, if you are in a carrer that does not actually check on the degrees and compaire them.

My degrees are not from first class schools, I went to start with at Southeast MO Univ ( was a college back then) it is a state school, but compared to many other colelges, if I was going for a job against someone that went to a much better known school, and it all came down to the college degree, Mine from a lower school ( not that SEMO is not a great school, but it is not Yale) and that my grades were passing ( too much party as a youth)

But any degree could be better than no degree, I always fear one expects too much out of a degree that is not acredited by one of the regional accreditation agencies. That is where most people look for the value.
    Not that many non accredited schools can't get you a lot of knowledge.

Most seminaries are not accredited by the government,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need experience [ 3 Answers ]

Please help. I have an AAS in Criminal Justice and am looking for either an investigations position or fingerprint technician position. Every single job I've found wants you to have at least one year experience, this includes the entry level positions I've seen. How and where can I get this...

Experience [ 19 Answers ]

I broke up w. my GF the other day and Im not sure why? What I mean is, nothing was wrong really, we didn't fight, we got along well, physically things were great. I just wasn't content with the feeling of having a "luke warm" relationship.. and I felt like it was affecting my career or...

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

Have You Had a Near Death Experience? [ 3 Answers ]

Presented below is my "near death" experience. Those of you who have truly had one, please share your experience. Dr. O.S. Hawkins used to say, "An inward impression, without an outward expression, is depression." That's part of the reason why I wanted to share with you the "near death"...

View more questions Search