Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gosskitty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Name of these two books
    I'm sure these are children's books, at most teen books.

The first book goes like this:

Girl lives with her brother and her grandparents(I think) near a little town. The main character is a girl. She has a gift to talk to animals, and her brother has a gift that is unknown. She is a vegetarian because of this gift. One day the people of the town come and kill her grandparents trying to find her and her brother and kill them because of their gifts. They run away and hide in the woods. They are taken in by wolves and her she is starving, not able to find enough food to eat that she can. Her brother talks her into eating meat the wolves bring to stay alive. I don't remember how but they end up at this castle that looks like a dragon. She because a nurse to watch over the lords child(I think) and there is a housekeeper there too. The lord wears gloves and won't touch her. The housekeeper hates her, and takes care of her brother. Her brother is getting mad at her for spending time with the lord and his kid. She finds out that the lord is hiding dragons in his castle. He finds out she knows and reveals that he has a gift to see the future of someone he touches. He touches her and says that he trusts her. Later the little boy and housekeeper disappear, to reappear with soldiers. The little boy says that his sister has to pay for not paying attention to him or something. I don't remember much from here, but that the little boys power is to persuade people, and then the dragons come out and kill the soldiers. She and the man run away with the dragons to some mystical isle and he reveals what he saw was her with his ring on or something. I think her brother was still following her.

The next story was about a boy in a wizard village. I remember this one as being really thick, and I'm sad I don't remember a ton of it. He wasn't good at magic. He had a pet crow, very well trained. In this world of wizards he was an oddity who liked to hunt, who excelled at hunting. He skipped classes and did poorly in them. I remember he went to the fire class and found some flint that would make good arrowheads. He went in for a familiar and ended up with a very cross cat who didn't seem to like him much. His mother got sick and was dying, and he set off on an adventure to find a unicorn and kill it to cure her. He encountered trolls or ogres or something big mean and ugly and I remember he used the flint arrowhead to set fire around them as he couldn't do the magic too. He continued to overcome obstacles using physical means instead of magic, and somehow he picked up a fellow traveler. He could have killed the unicorn, but didn't. Then later he was getting water and the unicorn was there and dipped its horn in the water, he brought that home and it cured his mom. He didn't end up becoming a wizard, but a guardian of the village. He lived on the edges and hunted and protected those within.

I loved these books but can never remember what they are called!! I would adore anyone who could tell me.
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Feb 24, 2007, 08:35 PM
    I'm not sure about the first one but the second one might be by Terry Brooks.
    Gosskitty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 08:41 PM
    No, I don't think Terry Brooks is the one who wrote it. I've read some of his other work, and reading the titles of them and descriptions, non of them seem correct. Thank you though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Helpful Books [ 6 Answers ]

I thought I had seen this posted before but couldn't find it in a search. Anyone know where to possibly download free copies of "the system" by the love doc or "double your dating" by david deangelo? I looked on relationships.blog-city.com but couldn't find them there. Thanks

E books [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals Please tell me which is the best site for finding any ebooks?

Date books [ 3 Answers ]

Maybe this is in the wrong category but what's a date book?

Online Books [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Could any one please give me the free online books for c programming

View more questions Search