Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    broberts001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2004, 03:00 PM
    Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan
    After about 4 months of use, this began to happen.

I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days.

Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on and off.

Anyone have this happen ? If so, how did you resolve it ?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2005, 07:30 AM
    Does it...
    Quote Originally Posted by broberts001
    After about 4 months of use, this began to happen.

I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days.

Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on and off.

Anyone have this happen ? If so, how did you resolve it ?
    ... make any noise (humming) when the unit is turned on? Easiest thing to try is to replace the remote in the fan assuming the motor is not plugged up with dust and dirt.
    vitocanizaro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 06:27 AM
    I have a Hampton Fan with the receiver located in the light kit. The remote has been misplaced, and the fan and light will not work. The fan ans light have separate wall switches. Can I bypass the receiver by changing the wiring configuration in order to operate the fan and light seperatly with the wall switches?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan-light works-fan doesn't [ 6 Answers ]

I installed a new Hampton Bay ceiling fan outdoors and the light works from a wall switch but the fan doesn't work at all. There is a white, black, red and ground wire coming from the ceiling. There is a white, black, black/white stripe (light) and green ground coming from the fan. I attached...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Hampton bay fan remote works the speed not light [ 3 Answers ]

I installed this fan OK... it was fine for 2.5 years now the remote only works the fan speed. It does not work the lights. I removed the fan and checked connections which are good.Luckily the fans lights are in the on position and POWER is through a wall switch,that controls the lights. But I wish...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan works great... Until I add the remote controller unit. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm the "proud" owner of a Southwind V ceiling fan. I'm a pretty cautious person by nature so when I installed the ceiling fan I left out the optional remote controller piece to make sure all works well. Blue and black fan wires to the black wire in the wirebox, and white on white (grounds...

Hampton bay 7 light Track system... Nothing Works [ 3 Answers ]

Okay I installed a track light about a year ago and it has worked for that time. A few weeks ago everything failed on it. None of the lights work. I took it apart and tested the main power coming into the light, from the breaker, it tested out okay. Insdide the fixture is a transformer and...

View more questions Search