Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    David02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Convicted felon looking for work in retail
    How do I get back into a business that I love to do and nobody is willing to give me a chance because I'm an convinced felon and the charge is (grand larceny)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2009, 08:23 AM

Most retail businesses depend on their employee's honesty in keeping the stock in the store unless it is legally rung up at the register. You will probably have a hard, if not impossible time, getting a job back in retail with a felony record Best start looking into other careers for yourself.
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Oct 25, 2009, 09:15 AM

Hello David

I posted this to someone else a while ago - difficult but I never think anything is impossible, you just need to find someone who understands your position and willing to give you a chance

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/interv...ew-404610.html
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2009, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by David02 View Post
    How do I get back into a business that I love to do and nobody is willing to give me a chance because i'm an conviced felon and the charge is (grand larceny)
    Hello David:

The way you say that nobody will give you a chance indicates that your viewpoint of the marketplace is a bit skewed... It's UNDERSTANDABLY skewed - but it's skewed nonetheless.

If you view your future employer as a social agency who's willing to give a troubled person a break, you're going to keep running into what you've been running into.

However, if you stop feeling sorry for yourself, and go "sell" the owner/manager on the idea that he can't get along without you, you'll get a job. If you CAN sell, that'll be your first sale. If you CAN'T, McDonald's is hiring.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a convicted felon [ 5 Answers ]

I live in the state of California so if anyone can help me please or give me any advive I would appriecate it very much. I am a recovering addict. I have almost five years clean. When I was using, I was a totally different person and went a little crazy, stupid crazy. Anyway, I was convicted of...

Convicted felon [ 1 Answers ]

I desire so much to become a truck driver my job has close and now I no that trucking will last,but I am a convicted felon,this charge was in 1996 I was in for 11 years I just help in anyway.

Work visa for convicted felon [ 3 Answers ]

My husband got a job offer in australia with the company he works for. About 8 years ago he received a non-violent felony on his record. Will he be able to work in australia on a work visa? Or will his record prevent us from making this move?

Convicted felon marrying another convicted felon [ 2 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon marry another convicted felon? One is still in prison the other is no longer under supervised release. Both are federal cases.

A convicted felon marrying another felon [ 2 Answers ]

I am a felon and my fiance' has just been picked up by the feds and we were going to get married in 2 weeks. I am wondering if I can still marry him in the federal jail. I know that the government shuns felons around other felons but, we have 3 kids together and I would think that they would allow...

View more questions Search