Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DField Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 11:54 AM
    Kenmore Gas Dryer won't run
    I have a 3 year old dryer that won't run. If I push the start button it runs until I let go. I also notice the gas heat will not start. I have checked the thermistor and thermal fuse as well as the high limit thermostat. Any ideas?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Dec 13, 2006, 03:46 PM
    You have a centrifucal switch or a relay that is not latching for your hold circuit. To properly diagnose, you'll need the wiring diagram. If you can scan and post it, I'd be happy to look over it and give you some ideas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Gas Dryer won't heat after 5 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My Kenmore Gas dryer, over 12 years old, model # 110.8754 5100, ignites and blows gas just for few minutes and stops burning. The drum is still running. I turn it off and wait for 15 minutes until the temperatur goes down. I turn the dryer back on and it blows gas and burns again. Just...

Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer Runs But No Heat and Won't Dry Model No.110.70932990

Kenmore Elite gas dryer [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore elite gas dryer sometimes makes my clean clothes smell like gas. Any suggestions why? It is new I had the gas company come there is no gas leak. And sears was no help. Its very inconsistent as to when it happens not that offten but it does sometimes.

Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I have a Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer about 4 years old with a dial timer , it shuts down about every 4 minutes and sometimes stays a running through the full cycle. After it shuts down I can restart the dryer with no problem , the motor sounds good... Thanks for any help Joey

Kenmore Gas Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

When I push the start button it sounds like it wants to start but it won't. I opened the door and depressed the safety switch to see if the drum would turn, It won't. If I keep pushing the start button, after a few seconds it stops making a noise like it is trying to start and begins to click( like...

View more questions Search