Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afghanhound101 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 06:19 PM
    Neck pain
    A few months ago, I as to what I should do about my neck pain. Since then I've gone to a physical therapist (twice a week) and though the pain has lessened and the muscles loosened, there still pain present. I'm thinking of telling my doctor to refer me to an orthpedic surgeon. Can you guys please tell me what else I can do about my pain? Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 16, 2006, 06:22 PM
    What did you do to injure your neck?

PT can take months and months to relieve a problem. Has your PTherapist told you that you are not making any progress? I would hold off surgery as a last resort.
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Oct 17, 2006, 12:46 PM
    If you aren't making any progress with the P.T. perhaps you should try a referral to a Neurologist. They may want you to get an MRI.

If you have pain turning your head from side to side, you may have a herniated cervical disc. That can be degenerative so, it doesn't have to be caused by an injury.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neck rash [ 8 Answers ]

A few years ago I began to notice a rash on one side of my neck. Today it has progressed to both sides of my lower face and down both sides of my neck. It is dark and splotchy. Any idea what might be causing this discoloration?

Neck and Back Pain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm a 20 year old male and for the last 4-5 years I've been suffering from neck and back pain. About 5 years ago, I was involved in a car accident. My dad was driving me and my bro to my cos's house. The day before, there had been a major snow storm. We were travelling on the high...

A pain in the neck [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I just had yet another test done. I went to an ENT he checked my hearing. My left ear buzzes and clicks. He wants me to get an MRI of the brain and a complte blood workup. He assured me that it was not in fact caused by the pinched nerves in my neck or my anti inflamatory drug I have been...

Up To Neck In... it! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi & Thanks in advance for any assistance... I recently bought my 2 story on concrete foundation (no basement or crawlspace) home and all was well for 1st couple of months. Home is 6 yrs old and previous owner acted as the sub when house was built and claimed he kept no blueprints. (our...

View more questions Search