Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 05:12 AM
    People vs. Government
    I know this may seem far fetched to some. I am serious about this and I was wanting some opinions, and kind of curious as to what kind of answers I can get. Does anybody the that We the People will eventually overthrow the government? I mean, we do have that right don't we? This country is being torn apart.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 05:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    ... and one man is responible for it all!!!
    Who is that??
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 05:26 AM

I don't want to offend people by saying any names. I will remove that part of the Post.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2009, 05:29 AM
    Too bad I quoted it. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 05:36 AM

I don't know that one man is the cause of anything, since it is Congress that actually passes and makes our laws.

But just as in the Governor of ILL he did not call in the Nationa Guard and refuse to leave the Gov Mansion, we have always had peaceful transitions of power.

Also if the US went to a civil war against the Government do you believe they would follow all the rules of war like they have been in Iraq and around the world,
    Or perhaps they would leave entire cities leveled to the ground.
    My hunting rifle, or even my AK is litte against a tank, or a plane or misse that can destroy my city block from 100 miles away.
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 05:41 AM

Well, they may have the technology, but I still even believe that a huge majority of people against our military would be tough. I know a lot of people in the military who doesn't like the government and would probably side with the people. We do have that right though.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2009, 06:52 AM

Yes a lot of my friends in the military are very concerned over events of the past few months but they are sworn to protect and follow orders also.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    know alot of people in the military who doesn't like the government and would probably side with the people. We do have that right though.
    Actually, under the Constitution of the United States, we do NOT have that right. What you are referring to is called treason and its against US Law.

What you also have to understand is that we now have a volunteer army. All members of the army, voluntarily took an oath to protect the Constitution. This is the currently used oath:
    "I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Notice, this doesn't say to protect the people but the Constitution and it specifies domestic enemies. So I do not believe there are enough disgruntled military personnel to not deal with a rebellion.

I also don't believe this country is being torn apart. Clearly there are people unhappy with the state of things but being torn apart? No.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2009, 01:54 PM

Comments on this post
    adam_89 agrees: OK, good point. I'm just curious as to what's going to happen. I am just saying there are plenty of people who signed up and regretted it. Would you happen to be a Democrat?

Yep, there are plenty of military personnel who feel betrayed by having to fight a war based on lies and deceit. A war that has helped plunge this country into the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How has the government government legislate morality? [ 4 Answers ]

How has the government government legislate morality?

A government for the people. [ 40 Answers ]

Asked about two thirds of Americans' opposition to war, Cheney says, 'So?' Here is your trusted public servant exposing our governments true attitude towards the American people. Watch the vidieo. The Raw Story | Asked about two thirds of Americans' opposition to war, Cheney says, 'So?'

Only in the Government. [ 1 Answers ]

Subject: Only in the Government 150 years ago, President Lincoln found it necessary to hire a private investigator - Alan Pinkerton for protection. That was the beginning of the Secret Service. Since that time, the federal government has produced a large number of multi-letter agencies such...

View more questions Search