Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fuzzypeach101 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 02:23 PM
    Mortified about embarrassing situation
    My boyfriend of nearly 3 years has let me down majorly - his mum changed his bed covers last night and found blood on the bottom of the bed. I will state he only bought these covers about a month ago, and I have run two packs of the pill in so have not had a period in 7 weeks! May I also mention that he put his foot on a razor whilst in the bath and sliced his heel open about 3 or 4 weeks ago... anyway whilst changed his bed covers his mum spotted the blood and asked if perhaps I had come on my period unexpected (without considering the extreme embarrassment) my boyfriend said yes maybe she has, unless it was from my foot, but I don't know.

Apparently his mum told him not to tell me, as I would be embarrassed (in which she blantantly believes its me)! Anyway he decided to tell me, and wondered why I burst into tears with embarrassment and then proceeded to tell me I am ridiculous and should not be bothered.

I think I am more bothered as I know it is NOT me, but clearly his mum does, but more to the point that she can even think it!! I have told him to tell her that he has stupidly told me, and its not me, but I know he won't have told her at all, just to try and make me feel better.

I feel I cannot look his mum in the face again, yet I would not have the guts to speak to her about it myself as I don't really speak to his parents and I would end up bursting into tears and that would embarrass me even more. I do not really know what help you can give me, but I just wanted to tell someone!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 28, 2010, 02:34 PM

Certainly blood at the bottom of his bed (where his foot would be) isn't where your body would lie. The location of the blood is all wrong if she thinks you left it there.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Apr 28, 2010, 02:35 PM

She's a woman. It's pretty much a sure thing that she's had an 'accident.' she KNOWS how embarrassing it can be. I doubt she's going to bring it up, or even really think about it, again.
    fuzzypeach101 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2010, 03:40 PM

Can I clarify though that I have never had an accident at home let alone his house. And it was not me, I have been on my period in the time his bed sheets are on. I would like to hope she is clever enough to realise yes its at the bottom of the bed so it may well be his foot. But I think it is more the principle I am embarrassed about than anything else!
    Thanks guys!
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Apr 30, 2010, 12:52 PM

As embarrassing as it may be, I think the only way you are going to feel better is to just talk to her about it. You could start telling her how incredibly hard it is to say what you are about to say, but that you need to get it out of the way because it is really bothering you. Don't forget that she is a woman, human, and a mom too so try to look at it that way. More than likely she will be annoyed with her son for telling you in the first place and more than likely the two of you will just laugh it off in the end.
    Or just let it go lilke the others said-she's probably forgotten about it now.
    Is my answer crazy lol?
    That's what I would do, but that's just me...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My child's hamster died and she's mortified [ 8 Answers ]

My hamster "Skittles" died today. I went in my room to refill my hamsters'( M&M and Skittles). But when I poened the cage M&M was running in their wheel, but Skittles was laying right next to the food bowl dead. He had a bite mark on his front lower area and his neck was bitten two. I know M&M did...

How do I move on from this embarrassing situation? [ 11 Answers ]

Last year I took part in a historical re-enactment, and had the best time. I made new friends and had so much fun, it was magical. I really want to return this year, and for many years to come, but there is one thing that holds me back - the embarrassing situation. Basically a couple of...

Cbbc show mortified theme [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I really would love to know who sings the theme tune for the above show and what is it called. Thanks Please let me know asap.

Mortified from comment [ 9 Answers ]

This is not really a question but a vent in the need of support! I was at the gym this morning working out as usual and have had a problem with an impatient gym member. She always wants the equipment now! Anyway, today was the same thing... BUT, she walks away from me and says... " look at...

Ok... this is embarrassing... [ 14 Answers ]

So tonight things are getting hot and heavy between me and my lady friend, and we decide to take it to the bedroom... I was SO ready to go until it came time, then I just totally freaked myself out and couldn't do it! Now, I have NO problem getting aroused by any means, but I just couldn't shut off...

View more questions Search