Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nork Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2014, 03:20 PM
    No cdrom
    I have a sony Vaio VGN-SZ32CP dual core laptop running win 7 ultimate 32 bit.
    In "computer" only my hard drive shows up, not my optical drive.
    All drivers seem to be installed but i notice that in dev mgr the first ATA channel, channel 0, likely the hard drive, is mentioned twice. Channel 1,
    which is likely the cdrom, only shows up once.
    I notice that when a cd is in the drive it spins up for a while and then stops, which would be normal i think.
    Can anyone help me with this?
    thank you
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Dec 3, 2014, 08:32 PM
    Does it show up under 'Device Manager' DVD/CDROM Drives?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 4, 2014, 05:27 AM
    Look at your bios and see if it is showing up there. Also is this a new install on the OS or is this something that has come up during the use of the machine? i.e. It worked before and has now quit ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2014, 06:37 AM
    I've seen that before, it could be this fix:
    (Solved) CD Drive not found not Detect - Remove Upper and Lower FilterTech Support All

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cdrom [ 2 Answers ]

My computer does not see my cdrom

Cdrom [ 7 Answers ]

I just built a Computer with a Biostar M7ncd Ultra nforce2 socket A motherboard, and a new Sempron 3300 with 1 gig of memory, I can't get it to recognize or find my CDROM, at the startup screen when it searches, it shows up, and also in the BIOS< but when I get to windows it's not in explorer or my...

Cdrom [ 1 Answers ]

My cdrom in windows98 SE platform is not reading the cdrw written in the winxp platform -using nero(another computer). But it is reading the cdr written in the same software. When I am accessing the cdrom to open cdrw - it is telling device is not ready. But as I said the cdr is opening in the same...

Cdrom atapi incompatible [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a new computer over the Internet, and it looks like I can't get the cdrw to work. This is a bare bones type, so there is no OS. When I switch it on, the message Sec Master Drive - ATAPI incompatible appears. The HD & CDRW are on separate cables, so 2 masters are allowed, right? The...

View more questions Search