Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bibler Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Extreme Pain After Filling replacement
    I chipped my filling on my left bottom side. The last tooth before the wisdom tooth. Ever since I got the new amalgam, it hurts. It is very sensitive to temperature. When I chew on it, it hurts. The pain extends to the upper teeth. When there is no activity, there could be wobbling pain. What could be the problem?
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

May 27, 2008, 11:38 AM
    Could be a root canal canidate! If the root is dying then there are gases that get build up inside the tooth witch causes pain!
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Go back to the dentist and have him/her check the bite. Your filling might need a tiny adjustment and will settle down. The dentist might take an x-ray to check the nerve of the tooth. If the filling that was placed is large your tooth could be dying. I'd still have him/her check your bite first.

If your tooth is more sensitive to hot than cold it could be abscessed but when you say the pain radiates to the top teeth I doubt it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cellucor D4 extreme? [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone tried the Cellucor D4 extreme diet pills? If so, has it helped them in anyway? I just recently purchased them and I am not sure if I should start taking them yet?? Please only positive responses.. THANKS...

Extreme happiness followed by extreme sadness [ 9 Answers ]

:confused: I am 20 years old and I have a problem. This is my first time posting a question on here, and I'm hoping to get some feedback. Maybe some ideas that I haven't heard before. See, I am generally a happy-go-lucky person. Most people see me as a REALLY happy girl, and I would even say...

Extreme Nausea after run [ 4 Answers ]

I just ran 2 miles and thats normal for me but i now i feel extremely nauseous and dizzy why could this of happened could it be the heat?

Its gone from one extreme to the other! [ 2 Answers ]

We have a year old kitten, he has been spayed, and after the last trip to the vets, we were told he is fit and well. We have always had a problem with his litter box/training etc. when we got him we were told he was litter trained, we got him when he was 12 weeks old and he settled in well. Long...

View more questions Search